Monarch gty

I have an 8th level obstructed view stateroom currently booked for a 3 night Bahamas cruise on Monarch. They just added the guarantee oceanview stateroom option for over 20% less than my current room.

Are there any bad oceanview staterooms on the Monarch? Most of the open rooms are on decks 2, 3, and 8. I know 2 and 3 have portholes. How big are the portholes?

Thanks!

The portholes are small, but they do let some light in. The only rooms you really don't want are on deck 7 because the windows open up to the outside promenade deck, so you have to keep your curtain drawn at all times if you don't want people to be able to look in.

Yes, there are bad oceanviews on the Sovereign class. When I did an oceanview guarantee on Monarch, I was assigned to a stateroom on deck 7, which is the promenade deck. What that meant is I had people going past my room and looking in the window day and night so we had to keep the drapes closed all the time. Also, a group decided to have a party outside our window at 3am.

I won't do an oceanview guarantee on the Sovereign class again - definitely learned my lesson.

Actually I took a deck 7 cabin last time on Monarch, and really liked it. I got one right next to a sliding door going out onto the promenade, and parked a lounge chair right under my window, and Voila! I had my own balcony! I really didn't mind people walking past my window, I just kept the curtains closed at night.

On the other hand, I would be concerned about a forward cabin on decks 2 and 3 with the portholes, as the hull is much thicker and the porthole is more like a tube.

2741718680101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived