You favorite Mexico cruise please..

jamaicanjana

Are you looking for a 7 day cruise? Would this be in the January to March 2009 general time frame?

If so, I'd prefer Sapphire Princess over Norwegian Star or Carnival Pride, with Mariner of the Seas being my second choice. Since they all have the same itinerary, and Sapphire, Star and Pride cost within a whisker of each other ($500 inside, $800 balcony, plus taxes) I'd go with the higher rated, slightly newer ship.

Mariner costs about $100 more, and the ship holds more than 3,800 passengers - too big for me. YMMV.

Hello,

Your question is not specific...what do you want from your cruise? A party for 3, 4 or 7 days, or a cruise that will provide you with some of the history and culture of Mexico. My DW and i have cruised to Mexico several times and one of our most enjoyable cruise was on HAL, to Loreto, Topolabampo, and La Paz in addtion to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, RT from San Diego.

Fred

I'm planning my 2nd cruise, this time to Mexico.. Please tell me your favorite Mexico cruise line and destination. Oh, and wanting to sail out of Los Angeles area.. Thanks !!

Have sailed to Mexican Riviera 4 times so far and booked on NCL Star to Mexican Riviera in Sept. 2009. First sail to MR was on RCL Legend of the Seas out of San Diego with fixed dining times. Second and third sailings to MR were on NCL Star out of San Pedro and fourth sailing was on Dawn Princess out of San Diego with fixed seating assignments for dinner.

We have chosen NCL Star for our fifth trip to Mexican Riviera mostly because we know we like the Star and because of NCL's freestyle dining venue.

DH & I enjoy spending every minute we can in the Mexican Riviera ports and like the freedom of not having to worry about getting back to the ship in time for a fixed seating time.

Have visited Acapulco, Ixtpa/Zihuat, Mazatlan, Cabo and PV on our Mexican Riviera cruises and actually like Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta best of all the ports -- however each of the other ports we have visited have had interesting memories on their own.

If it's your first visit to the Mexican Riviera, I don't think you can go wrong on which ports you visit. Your main search should be on which cruise line and which style of dining you want to enjoy.

Have a great cruise, not matter which line or ports you chose.

Dianne

We love Royal Caribbean. From L.A. we took Vision of the Seas three years ago and are going to do it a 2nd time in a few months. We prefer not to go to Mexico in the summer.

Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan are all great fun. What you do depends on you. For our upcoming cruise, we have planned:

Cabo - the ship's tour, which includes San Juan del Cabo.

Mazatlan - tour with Mazatlan Frank

Puerto Vallarta - Los Veranos Canopy tour. Woo Hoo.

Remember that the ports of call are only 1 part of the cruise. There are so many things to do onboard!

Whatever itineray you choose, you will love it!

We had a hard time deciding on a cruise line as well, but eventually decided on NCL-Star because of the freestyle cruising that they offer. Our choice was made easier because we were able to use points to get our hotel stay the night before free and got a great rate from Chicago to LAX.

Archived