Just off the NCL Star...(10/11/08)

sunedaze

Just off the NCL Star this morning. Had a great time. The Star is a great ship. We sailed on her last year at halloween. We did see changes but no complaints here. The food has changed and the menus a little change, but it was all great. We found great food every where we went. The service was great also. Spending a few days in SOCAL. Will post a detailed review when we get home to Alabama. Anyone with any questions, about the cruise or ship let me here from you....

Thanks for the quick report, SUNEDAZE!

We are on the STAR on the 18th sailing, and hearing good stuff gets us even more exacted about our trip!

Hopefully the Hurricane blowing through there did not disrupt you guys too much! Thankfully, it looks like the weather will be calmed down by the time we sail.

Glad you had a great time! We're looking forward to our first West Coast Cruise, and first cruise on the STAR!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:)

We will be on the Star 12/20 (Christmas sailing.) Did they serve lunch in the main restaurants or just the buffet on embarkation day?

They serve lunch in one of the main dining venues on embarkation day. Versallies is the main lunch dining. We did the sail away bbq for lunch. It was good. The chicken and corn was great.

Yes still Captain Lars and the cruise director was Paul Baya. I was not impressed with Paul. I perfered Ricky the cruise director we had last year. He had a lot more personality, and was more available for the passengers. We hardly ever saw Paul mixing with the passengers. Captain Lars was great as always.

Thanks for the quick report, SUNEDAZE!

We are on the STAR on the 18th sailing, and hearing good stuff gets us even more exacted about our trip!

Hopefully the Hurricane blowing through there did not disrupt you guys too much! Thankfully, it looks like the weather will be calmed down by the time we sail.

Glad you had a great time! We're looking forward to our first West Coast Cruise, and first cruise on the STAR!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:)

You will love the Star. It is a great ship. The crew is the best of all the NCL ships. We are planning on doing Alaska on the star next year. I hope ya'll have a great trip. When you get to Cabo do the lands end trip out to lovers beach and the arches. It is beautiful, but it is a lot cheaper if you book on your own instead of booking on the ship. Also don't waste you time with Cabo Wabo. Everyone will tell you you have to go there. But it is a waste of time and money. You never see Sammy Hagar there and the food it awful and way over priced.

We did have a little high waves our last two sea days with waves at 12 feet high. The ship rocked and rolled. But did not bother me or my husband, but did upset my mother in law. But it was great trip. Everyone in our party loved the ship, the crew and all the ports.

I am sure you will also have a great time on your trip.

Yes still Captain Lars and the cruise director was Paul Baya. I was not impressed with Paul. I perfered Ricky the cruise director we had last year. He had a lot more personality, and was more available for the passengers. We hardly ever saw Paul mixing with the passengers. Captain Lars was great as always.

It is funny how every one has a different take on Ricky.. LOL.. Probably a nice guy, but his voice got on my nerves like fingernails down a chalk board.. LOL

I just booked the Star for the January 3rd sailing!! How early can we board on embarkation day? We have sailed RC and Disney and were able to board around 11ish and was wondering if the Star is about the same. Thanks!

I just read on another review, that they were charged for 8 days vs. 7 days for tips. Can you confirm or deny this? Thanks!

My husband and I were on the 10-4 thru 10-11 sailing. We had a great time on the ship. I just checked my statement and we were only charged for 7 days.

Can those of you who have been on the Star advise what time you were able to disembark from the ship.

I'm looking at a 12:00 (noon) flight out of LAX and are wondering if we'd have enough time to make this flight.

We were off the ship and on our way by 10:30 am. Very quick through customs.

My husband and I were on the 10-4 thru 10-11 sailing. We had a great time on the ship. I just checked my statement and we were only charged for 7 days.

My husband and I were on the same sailing, and we were only charged for 7 days also. We had great time, I hope ya'll had a great time also. Sorry no meet and greet. Did not get to meet anyone from the rollcall. We are hopi?ng to do Alaska next year. Any plans on a future cruise?

My husband and I were on the same sailing, and we were only charged for 7 days also. We had great time, I hope ya'll had a great time also. Sorry no meet and greet. Did not get to meet anyone from the rollcall. We are hopi?ng to do Alaska next year. Any plans on a future cruise?

Glad you had a good trip. We leave on the 25th. Just wondering if there are any sports bars on the ship where they'd show college football on Sat and the NFL on Sunday? I've read about the Red Lion Pub, but not sure if they(or others) have sports broadcasts. THANKS.....

ROCruiser... I'm also on that sailing... you should join our roll call!

Thanks for the invitation Candycoatedhigh! I will check in as soon as I got a little more time. See I didn't see your message until today!

Thanks, all, for the information.

Archived