November 1st...D_Day..Want to join me?

Belle

Yes, it was a nice thanksgiving - I didn't go out yesterday = today I did but didn't stay out too long as it was too windy and cold. Didn't buy a whole lot, mainly stuff for me!

I will look forward to going out during the weekdays when everyone else is working.

carol

to wish her "aloha".

Corkey, did you just go to Oahu or did you manage to hit any other island?

Jan, hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Sheila (Donna, Baby) hope you're all well and just "quiet" 'cause you're busy.

As for me it's been busy with the kids and trying to get myself "in order" (getting 2nd/3rd opinions -- presurg testing other other dental/med stuff done) as well as making sure things are "quiet" w/the aunt. Unf. the weight issue hasn't gotten any better, but actual has gotten worse. Even tried Alli but didn't realize that it would mess w/thyroid meds so didn't lose anything an actually swelled up a bit (couldn't wear my wedding ring anymore, 2 weeks later finger still has impression). Been taking a few day trips w/Libby. Went to Newport for the day (think she was a bit young for that), weekend in Boston where the kids did some "classes" at MIT (students teaching) and this weekend did NY -- parade and dinner at aunt's downtown (I brought everything though cheated and got pre-cooked turkey... stovetop stuffing and frozen veggies... still wasn't appreciated). Spent evening in midtown and Friday ran around stores w/Libby. Saturday we went to another mall in Jersey "looking". Unfortunately Libby's now a teen (13) and kind of stuck in the label thing.. seems like "Juicy" is "the" brand (though I can't see $pending retail on that -- sorry). So we look and luckily she doesn't want to spend too much either. Then she gets a bit "discouraged" that she didn't get anything.

So we've got 17 more days before we leave home for Kauai (with overnight in LA). Wonder if we'll be getting snow by then, luckily it's been quiet mild here (good we haven' t had to pay to plow drive or run heat too long). Starting to get summer stuff washed to pack. Glad we'll be in condo for 8 nights then 4 at Hyatt so we'll have laundry facilities. Hopefully Mike won't overpack. After last trip and seeing how real estate market was we were considering possibly getting a "vacation home" there. May look around to see if prices are still attractive. At the time they were still working on golf course and hotel (princeville) but now both are back open so hopefully there'll be a bit more activity.

Now to see if I can find something to wear. I'm just wearing sweats/yoga pants and t-s (sweatshirts) now since I'm so bloated and can't get rid of paunch. Have less than 2 weeks after we return for surgery and can't wait for it. Now I'm not sure if I should have done it in October but didn't want to risk missing vacation if there were complications.

Stay well everyone.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn: Have a good time in Kauai - just got a letter from my cousin who lives there but seems she's always in the main visiting all her kids/grandkids who live all over the east and west coasts. We haven't been to Kauai for 20 yrs now - we normally go to Maui or the Big Island but our favorite will always be Honolulu.

We used to do about 5 days on another island and 5 days on Oahu but for the past 3 visits, have only stayed on Oahu- next yr we plan to do Maui and Honolulu.

This fri we will be going to Seattle for 4 days - so you will be in the warm sun and I will be in the cold!

Hello to Everyone! Carol

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas to those who Celebrate!

We had a great time! Hot Weather! Miss That Now!

I am Happy ...only gained "4 pounds" in 29 days!

Now NOT to gain during Christmas and the

New Year!

Came home to a lot of things.."Major Stress" so

Trying to curb the "stress eating"!

Hope you ALL doing Well..Have a Happy Happy!

Merry Christmas Belle - Glad you are back. Congratulations on not gaining more than 4 pounds - you did well!!! Sorry that you have come back to stress ... hope everything smoothes out.

To all ---- Happy Holidays, hope the new year brings nothing but good things to all. Jan

To all of you and best wishes for a wonderful 2010!

Too much happening and board time has been zilch. Just sneaking on now while all the company sleeps. Enjoying those last few moments of silence before chaos wakes up and takes over.

Belle, thinking about you a lot! Mom is 8 miles away now and taking major amounts of time in an already tight schedule. Have no idea how you have done it for so long but you deserve a medal!

No time to read but will try to once the house empties out and before year end hits.

Happy Holidays to all and may you enjoy every minute of it!

Have I ever mentioned that I am a total klutz? ... and DH can be quite entertaining?

For Christmas Ken gave me (and him) beginner Salsa dance lessons .... so out of charactor and so exciting .... We live such busy lifes that we don't see as much of each other as we would like .... and such a great way to get into "ship-shape" .... and another wonderful way to have a lot of laughs.

What great fun! Jan

To all of you and best wishes for a wonderful 2010!

Too much happening and board time has been zilch. Just sneaking on now while all the company sleeps. Enjoying those last few moments of silence before chaos wakes up and takes over.

Belle, thinking about you a lot! Mom is 8 miles away now and taking major amounts of time in an already tight schedule. Have no idea how you have done it for so long but you deserve a medal!

No time to read but will try to once the house empties out and before year end hits.

Happy Holidays to all and may you enjoy every minute of it!

Happy New Year to you too - I am Carol from CA -

Hope Everyone from this great thread has

a super 2010 ! more cruises for us all!! carol

That's great Jan - salsa lessons! I love those types of latin dances but have two left feet and I am uncoordinated! have fun! carol

I really have two left feet .... its horrible, but with Ken there we should have a lot of laughs ... I'm really looking forward to it ... I need something to motivate.

I have no gained all the weight back that I lost (55#) and am probably even more than before ...

I sent an e-mail to the Y about swimming lessons - I think this is the year to get out of the comfort zone. I am afraid of the water (if it is more than chest high) ... I want to be comfortable without panic-ing. I've done a little snorkeling, with a life vest, but I haven't really enjoyed it too much, and its too bad as it can be really cool to see all the fish. We will see what happens. Jan

Hope you all had a Great Christmas!

Jan..What great present. Mainly a fun

time with your husband. See sometimes they

surprise us!!

Didn't quite unterstand..you have or have

not gained your weight back? I know it's

so hard. In 2001 I lost 55 lbs but have gain

half back and I wasn't at my goal weight either.

I know you can get your weight gain off.

WE ALL CAN I KNOW..WHAT I BELIEVE..JUST

NOT SAYING HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE US!

Donna..So glad to see you. Glad your doing

good but sorry your so busy with your Mother

near by. Harder for you I know, you work

outside the house too. I feel for you. Know it's

not easy.

Mine is 42 mi round trip and 84 when doing it twice

a day. Now she needs more blood tests a week and

her doctor is retiring next month. Have to find a new one,

that is taking new people. Wish me luck and I wish

you luck in everything.

How's Joe doing? Alright I hope?

Please come in more often. You can cry on my shoulder,

I'll understand.

Carol..How are you doing. Happy New Year to you.

Hope you had fun in Seattle. Did you have snow?

I sure miss the Hawaii sun!!!

Sheila..Hope your reading this. Hope you have more time

to come in and say Hello to us. Miss you.

Carolyn..Hope your having a great time in Hawaii.

Wish I was still there!

Baby..Happy New Year. Miss you too.

Talk! Talk! Talk!

Closer to 2010..the closer WE come

to getting BACK on track!

Losing weight and

Exercising goes hand in hand. Don't you THINK?

Talking and giving each other tips and support

is other way in helping EACH OTHER to lose weight!

Going to dust and clean off my treadmill and USE IT!

What are YOU going to DO?

Talk! Talk! Talk!

Closer to 2010..the closer WE come

to getting BACK on track!

Losing weight and

Exercising goes hand in hand. Don't you THINK?

Talking and giving each other tips and support

is other way in helping EACH OTHER to lose weight!

Going to dust and clean off my treadmill and USE IT!

What are YOU going to DO?

Hubby and I both talked about how much we have gained weight since NOv's trip to Hawaii, Seattle in Dec and of course the holidays - so I cleared my stationery bike - took off the two jackets I had hanging on the handles - and we also have a power glide that he loves to use - I use it also just to stretch out a bit -- we have a treadmill and a rower and also another stationery bike that is new and very tight - as compared to the one that I use that has no tension at all - but hey, keeps the heart going no matter what as I get these legs going!

So yes, we do have an exercise room but to look at me, you wouldn't think so! heehee! Hubby walks every day but I don't like going out in the cold. so that's my intention after NY's day - to cut back and exercise.

carol

Jan, Donna, Carolyn and Carol how are you doing?

Can you believe first week of Jan. is almost over?

Sheila are you out there?

I haven't gotten on the "straight and narrow" yet!

Trying to cut down on food. Been eating to much

Holiday Sweets...NO MORE!

Hope to see you at weigh-in. Lets make this OUR

starting weight for the New Year!

Jan, Donna, Carolyn and Carol how are you doing?

Can you believe first week of Jan. is almost over?

Sheila are you out there?

I haven't gotten on the "straight and narrow" yet!

Trying to cut down on food. Been eating to much

Holiday Sweets...NO MORE!

Hope to see you at weigh-in. Lets make this OUR

starting weight for the New Year!

Guilty - I made some desserts for my friend's Mom's funeral reception which took place yesterday - I made a wine cake, which I gave as a whole - then I made 6 dozen cookies and I kept one dozen (chocolate chip macadamia nut ones - my favorites!) and then she gave me 1-1/2 dozen biscotti's to take home - so I am just thinking cookies cookies cookies! I know they are here so I WANT them! ha!ha!

and since I made giant ones, they are not exactly 50 calories each!

But I need to get a grip here, my Alaska cruise is in May and we all know how fast these months fly by - and how SLOW these calories melt! carol

Wishing you both a great weekend

and whoever else is reading this.

Carol..Put the COOKIE down! You

have a cruise in May! lol

They sound so good! (drooling)

What's funny, I was eating the "sweets"

and staying the same. Then starting eating

better and I gained! Hope it's the salt...

Baked a ham and made a veggie soup.

Eating for a few days..Salt?

Jan..How's the dancing going? Did you

start the gym. The one I went to years

ago is no more. It was all women. don't I

would like cruves, not enough things to work

with. But who knows. Don't want to go to a mixed.

So deciding what to do.

Ok lets all keep on going (walking, running) up

the path of weigh loss.

The cookies are now gone! yay! they were so tempting - I put the rest in hubby's lunch cuz he can afford them - at least I didn't scarf down 6 at a time like I wanted to - one was fine - sometimes 2, but they are all gone! carol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived