Know anything about a Puerto Rico wedding?

FutureSMRN

Hey Shellie:)

Yes the legal requirements may be an issue, so you may have to do the legal stuff in the states prior to or after returning from the cruise. Not to make you more frustrated, but if a trip to the courthouse is required (as I believe it is in St. Thomas), this could be an issue if you are not getting into port until 3 or 5pm. I am not sure what time the courthouses close in San Juan, but you may be cutting it really close by getting in at 3pm, and I doubt they are open past 5. Just another thing to think about (as if you aren't frazzled enough;) ) I believe you can get the blood test done ahead of time in the states, as long as it is within a few days of the cruise. Not positive about this though.

Ugh I just read this: "Both parties must appear at the City Court office to purchase a marriage license. Persons 16-17 years of age must have the consent of their parents or legal guardians to marry. Blood tests are required. " That sure makes it sounds as if you, personally, have to go to the courthouse.

And you also need a certificate from a doctor in PR too. I really think it is going to be difficult for you to do this legally there. Not only is it a huge PITA, but I just don't think you will have time to mess with all of this legal stuff before your ceremony. Are you totally against handling the legal stuff in the States? I think that is what most brides do when getting married in Mexico or Puerto Rico because of the difficult requirements. Sorry, that stinks. Just go to a Justice of the Peace the day before boarding the ship and sign the papers. No one will even know the difference (Hey, we've been legally married since June and my own family doesn't know);)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! Wow, I'm ready to scream over all these complications!!!! Well, I'm over it! If I have to make it legal here, then so be it! It bums me out, but I swear, I'm NOT looking for another place!!! I love the PR idea, and the hours in port.. I saw on a planner's website something about "don't worry about the requirements, we'll handle that for you." Of course, I can't find that site anymore. Regardless, I don't think they can get around all these things we have to do.... I was just trying to search thru this site for some answers and came up with nothing. Thanks for your help again, I really appreciate it! Sorry I'm such a DW mess!!!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! Wow, I'm ready to scream over all these complications!!!! Well, I'm over it! If I have to make it legal here, then so be it! It bums me out, but I swear, I'm NOT looking for another place!!! I love the PR idea, and the hours in port.. I saw on a planner's website something about "don't worry about the requirements, we'll handle that for you." Of course, I can't find that site anymore. Regardless, I don't think they can get around all these things we have to do.... I was just trying to search thru this site for some answers and came up with nothing. Thanks for your help again, I really appreciate it! Sorry I'm such a DW mess!!!

Yeah I know you can do the blood test ahead of time, and I am sure they (WC) can handle most of the paperwork and that crap, but I think you have to show up to get stamped. Normailed is working on it for you too:D

Archived