Booked with TA-call Princess about excursion?

gargoyle999

I have my Nov cruise on the Sapphire booked with a TA. I am interested in a Princess excursion in Cabo but there is a discrepancy with the time listed under my personalizer page. Time is listed as being 8-12:30, but under the description it lists the duration as 3 1/2 hours.

I'd like to find out which is correct. The time listed or the duration. Should I contact Princess directly or my TA?

You could call Princess or have your TA do the leg work (if you are confident with their services !). But I am thinking that the discrepency may be travel time to and from the tour. Even if it is a discrepency, are you trying to coordinate it with another tour or have to be back to the ship by a specific time or concerned you will perhaps not be able to do some shopping? It is a Princess tour and they will get you back on time !

I am sure there is a typo. All the other excursions give start time and end time and the length is accurate under the detailed description. I don't have anywhere else to be! I'm just curious which is correct. :)

I am trying to decide between 4 different excursions and if one is a little longer I'd probably go with that one. But the information conflicts with itself.

I know if you have a TA Princess won't talk to you about your booking. I just am not sure if that applied to excursions or if Princess will talk to you about excursions if you call them.

ok...I figured what the heck. I'll call Princess and if they hang up on me for having a TA then so be it! :)

They say both are correct! Leave at 8am get back at 12:30 pm but duration is 3 1/2 hours. Has something to do with transportation time.

Maybe once we get off the tender we have to go somewhere else that takes 1/2 hour to get there and back. So the time on the excursion is 3 1/2 hours but total time from the point where the tenders go is 4 1/2 hours. That's how I understood it anyway. But now I know that the time for the excursion, in my mind the duration, is 4 1/2 hours.

The other couple excursions I looked at maybe leave right from the area where the tenders are so Princess duration = start/stop time listed.

Maybe there's a time change. Don't we change from daylight savings time soon? :confused:

Don't stress about it too much. You will be asked to gather in the theatre before your tour, then you will have to tender ashore, and of course back. The tour itself is probably exactly as described. Give or take.

You are truly an optimist. Any answer you or your TA gets will be just a made-up guess. No one will really know unless they are willing to contact the tour provider (which is not Princess).

What the OP was told by Princess sounds correct. We had a similar situation when we went zip lining - the actual zip lining was the length the booklet stated but it took an hour to get where we actually did the zip line. That time was factored in for the hours listed in the brochure.

Archived