Island Princess - C222

lawahoo2001

Greetings, Board! I am a new member. I posted this message under the general "cabin selection" board but thought I would post here as well...

Just booked an Alaskan southbound cruise through Princess after much stress in trying to decide on a cabin. Wanted a minisuite with a fully covered balcony. I researched a ton and checked out the recommended site re: Island/Coral Princess decks (http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html).

Has anyone been at the front of the ship, portside on the Caribe deck? We booked C222. Wanted to get one of the rear cabins for Dolphin, but those are only available on a guarantee basis. Our travel agent confirmed with Princess that this cabin should be in a quiet area. No luggage storage, etc., across from the cabin. I liked that this cabin also had cabins above and below it so that we would not have to worry about noise coming from a disco below us (if on Emerald deck) or deck chairs being moved around (if on Aloha). Only negative is that this cabin may get some movement since it's at the front of the ship. Do Alaska southbound cruises tend to get calm waters?

Would love to hear some opinions...thanks!

Gross generalization of course, but usually smoother southbound along the West Coast of the USA, as you are travelling with the Japanese Current.

If you go northbound, you are "bucking the current".

Often bumpy, either direction, across Queen Charlotte Sound.

The OP is going southbound from Whittier to Vancouver. We have been on this cruise 3 times as well as 1 northbound on the Coral, sister ship of the Island.. All cruises have been very smooth.. On other Alaska cruises, the only rough water we encountered was around the Washington Oregon border as we were going north from San Francisco..

Greetings, Board! I am a new member. I posted this message under the general "cabin selection" board but thought I would post here as well...

Just booked an Alaskan southbound cruise through Princess after much stress in trying to decide on a cabin. Wanted a minisuite with a fully covered balcony. I researched a ton and checked out the recommended site re: Island/Coral Princess decks (http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html).

Has anyone been at the front of the ship, portside on the Caribe deck? We booked C222. Wanted to get one of the rear cabins for Dolphin, but those are only available on a guarantee basis. Our travel agent confirmed with Princess that this cabin should be in a quiet area. No luggage storage, etc., across from the cabin. I liked that this cabin also had cabins above and below it so that we would not have to worry about noise coming from a disco below us (if on Emerald deck) or deck chairs being moved around (if on Aloha). Only negative is that this cabin may get some movement since it's at the front of the ship. Do Alaska southbound cruises tend to get calm waters?

Would love to hear some opinions...thanks!

We have stayed in that area several times, you have the door at the end of the hallway at the front that goes outside to a forward viewing area.

It is pretty quiet and just a couple decks up to the HC. ;)

Archived