Taxis at Bayonne New Jersey

Recently back from Canada cruise on Explorer. Great ship but pretty poor ports apart from Quebec. The real point of my post, however, is to warn you all not to use Yellow Express to get back to JFK. I understand RCCL actually commissions this firm to ferry people to pre booked hotels such as doubletrees etc. My mother and I wanted an ordinary taxi but were advised there was a shuttle of six people going to JFK and we cold joint this for $25 per head (half price):( :mad: . We waited a long time and were eventually taken to the shuttle. This was a small van and the guy had to repack people's luggage three times to get it all in. There were ten of us in the van and I had to sit at the back - to find that the luggage was unsecured in the back and protuding to such an extent that I had to sit bent over. The driver was sullen and unhelpful and his driving was appalling. There were no seat belts in the vehicle and everytime we went over a hump a suitcase would lurch forward and hit either me, or two other adults sitting in the back. I can honestly say it was the worst journey I have ever had! I think it is shocking that a company like RCCL would use such an unsafe poor quality taxi service and would urge people to give this shuttle service a wide berth!!

Archived