hot tubs and drinking

lampshadehead

I don't think it's the alcohol per se that is the problem. They ask you not to have drinks of any kind in the hot tubs and pools. Now, the beverage servers are happy to take your order and bring you drinks, no matter where you are. :) I've often wondered if there's some kind of wagering going on between the security staff and the bar service staff. # of drinks served in pool/hot tub vs. # of drinks removed from pool/hot tub, or something like that.

I vaguely remember that our gym hottub, when I was a kid, had warnings on it that you shouldn't get in them when drinking. As in, alcohol-thinned blood + hottub was a bad idea. No idea if that's true, but I definitely remember warnings on the side wall of the tub. Hmm.

I vaguely remember that our gym hottub, when I was a kid, had warnings on it that you shouldn't get in them when drinking. As in, alcohol-thinned blood + hottub was a bad idea. No idea if that's true, but I definitely remember warnings on the side wall of the tub. Hmm.
While it is a safety issue, I doubt that is Carnival's concern. They don't want folks spilling drinks in the tub & I can't say that I blame them.

Imbibing in the hot tubs is one of our favorite "on board excursions", especially after dinner. If you act like a frat party gone bad then you'll surely be asked to remove the drinks. However if you keep a low profile and keep things to a dull roar...... we've always drank in the hot tubs and nobody has really ever asked us to lose the drinks.

While it is a safety issue, I doubt that is Carnival's concern. They don't want folks spilling drinks in the tub & I can't say that I blame them.

Trust me, the drinks themselves are a lot more sanitary than the human soup floating around in the tubs so a spilled drink can't do much harm. But a staggering drunk cracking his head is another story.

Archived