Embassy Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, or La Concha hotel

SugarNSpice8104

We will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas in March. We are probrably going to be bidding on priceline and will end up with one of these hotels. I was wondering from anyone who knows...are any of these hotels within walking distance to the shopping area in OSJ? Also, what other type of shopping is around these hotels and also what types of restaraunts? We will be getting in around 2-3pm and were just looking to do a bit of shopping that afternoon/evening. Anything else interesting around these hotels? We will not be bidding until we book our flights next month but just wanted to make sure there were things to do, or we might have to pay more and make sure we get the hotel we want instead of bidding. Thanks all for your help.

Aos goes out of Pan American Pier which is not within walking distance of Old San Juan. You can take a taxi there however. I just booked Embassy Suites in Isle Verde which is <1/2 mile to airport and 20 minute ride from pier.(I am also going on AOS)Embassy suites has 2 hotels in Puerto Rico. Isle Verde has things to do according to my searches,but we'll see! Good Luck

We will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas in March. We are probrably going to be bidding on priceline and will end up with one of these hotels. I was wondering from anyone who knows...are any of these hotels within walking distance to the shopping area in OSJ? Also, what other type of shopping is around these hotels and also what types of restaraunts? We will be getting in around 2-3pm and were just looking to do a bit of shopping that afternoon/evening. Anything else interesting around these hotels? We will not be bidding until we book our flights next month but just wanted to make sure there were things to do, or we might have to pay more and make sure we get the hotel we want instead of bidding. Thanks all for your help.

I am not sure you would be getting the Embassy Suites through Priceline. I have not seen this as a priceline wins for several years. It is a nice place, but many miles from Old San Juan. (I actually love staying there pre/post cruise) There are 2 Courtyard Marriotts near San Juan, but not within walking distance to Old San Juan. The Sheraton Old San Juan is located right downtown.

Janet

I really want to stay at the sheraton, but the people I am traveling with don't want to spend so much money. They want to take their chances with priceline. If I knew for sure I would get it, I would do it in a second. Thats why I am trying to find out more about the hotels that are under the 3 star rating in san juan. If I don't like what I learn, then I might just book the Sheraton by myself and meet everyone at the ship. I understand that AOS docks at the pan am pier. I don't care how far of a ride it is, I want to stay near old san juan. Its seems like alot of people win the Sheraton on priceline. Are the chances good that I would get that one if I bid? I also heard that priceline only does 2 people per room. What if I want to fit four or five people? I know most rooms only hold four, but many places charge a little extra for the 5th person. How does this work through priceline?

The Sheraton OSJ is now in the 3.5-star category on Priceline. It appears to be the only 3.5-star property coming up, but Priceline can always add/change inventory. As far as additional people in the room, this is something you'd have to arrange with the hotel directly, and as you've said Priceline only guarantees the room for two people.

Yow, thanks. I went back and looked and there is the Sheraton and Embassy suites in San Juan at 3.5 stars. So If I bid for a hotels in san juan at 3.5 stars, am I guaranteed to get one of the two hotels once one of them accepts my bid?

No you are not, actually. I believe Priceline has changed some ratings recently. Not sure which 3* are now 3.5*. I have got the Normandie before, and I am not sure if it is now a 3 or a 3.5.??? Sorry. Have you looked at Hotwire? Sometimes it is a little easier to figure out what you will get with Hotwire. Just a thought.

Janet

with HW you can choose the # of people in the room...with PL you can't and they only guarantee space for 2 people thus you are at the mercy of the hotel to try and get 2 beds and/or a rollaway. (some cities have rules about how many, if ANY rollaways can be put in hotel rooms)

book a cancellable backup reservation someplace then do your research at betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com and see what you want to do.....also, look at travelzoo. sometmes they have really good deals, many are also cancellable. ( that's how i got a 350$CAD room in vancouver for $150-ish CAD a couple years ago during cruise season! got a great room in a 5 star hotel with a partial view of the harbour at the pan pacific!)

Archived