Help needed- FT. Lauderdale port

hallsuk2

Hello,

So bear with me folks. Me being a Brit. and not having a great knowledge of the Fort Lauderdale area can you clear something for me.

Am I right in thinking that the port at Fort Lauderdale is the same place as Port Everglades. And also that Port Canaveral is a completely different place.

Only cruised from Miami before and need to clear this up before I book the cruise and hotel.

Thanks for any info,

Iain

Hello,

So bear with me folks. Me being a Brit. and not having a great knowledge of the Fort Lauderdale area can you clear something for me.

Am I right in thinking that the port at Fort Lauderdale is the same place as Port Everglades. And also that Port Canaveral is a completely different place.

Only cruised from Miami before and need to clear this up before I book the cruise and hotel.

Thanks for any info,

Iain

Yes, Port Everglades is Ft. Lauderdale. Port Canaveral is three hours north, near the space center and closer to Orlando.

If you are trying to figure out which airport to use for a sailing out of Port Everglades, FLL is the closest (10 minute drive), but you can also fly into MIA as it is only about 45 minutes away from Port Everglades.

Port Canaveral is about a 1 1/4 hour drive from Orlando to the port.

It's an easy drive along the expressway...you could drop the car off at ie. Budget and they would take you to the ship.

Otherwise, it's transfers for everyone !

If you book RCI AND you take their air package, your transfers will be included.

As the others have said,Port Everglades is 10 minutes from the Ft.Lauderdale airport and 45 minutes from Miami airport.

Hope that is of some help.

Sharon

Archived