CC Beach Safe

gargoyle999

We purchased the water safe, but it has some issues. It is not large enough to hold a passport, and it is not completely watertight. Using a small ziploc bag inside keeps everything dry - we have used this when puting cash and cruise card inside it. Mary

We purchased the water safe, but it has some issues. It is not large enough to hold a passport, and it is not completely watertight. Using a small ziploc bag inside keeps everything dry - we have used this when puting cash and cruise card inside it. Mary

We have purchased similar ones, and they have leaked at times. It is usually when a grain of sand gets in the gasket.

We never bring our passports off the ship with us, so we don't worry about them. I do have laminated small size copies of the passports, which do fine, even if they get a little wet.

I never worry about my cash, cruise ID, and credit cards getting wet. The water doesn't affect the plastic, and wet money still spends!!!:D

We never bring our passports off the ship with us, so we don't worry about them. I do have laminated small size copies of the passports, which do fine, even if they get a little wet.

How did you get a small copy of your passport. Did you just scan it yourself and make it smaller? Then get it laminated somehow? I think I'd like to try this.

How did you get a small copy of your passport. Did you just scan it yourself and make it smaller? Then get it laminated somehow? I think I'd like to try this.

That is exactly what I did. I had it laminated at a school where I worked. I thing the places like Staples may do lamination. Some Teacher Stores also do laminating. You could always buy some of that clear contact paper and do it yourself. There may even be other supplies that you can buy to do it yourself.

Good luck!!

Has anyone had trouble getting back onto the ship with a laminated passport instead of their original passport? :confused:

To get back on the ship all you need is your cruise ID card you don't need your passport.

Though someone posted on a different thread I was reading that if you miss the ship you could be SOL without your passport if you try and get a flight to somewhere. Basically said there would be now way you'd be getting on an airplane. Which is a good point I think...

Archived