Booked the Yael for Cabo

gargoyle999

Well I had planned to do a Princess excursion in Cabo due to it being tender and I've never done a tender before. But due to the very positive comments I've read on CC about the Yael I decided to "live a little" and do an independent excursion.

I'm giving up my spot on the Princess yacht excursion (initial review not so good but a quick comment from this week seems it was much better). I hope the Yael lives up to all the positive comments! :)

Please let us know how it was. We had also been very interested in the Princess yacht excursion but not so much now since reviews seem like it's not all as advertised. Had been considering YAEL based on positive reviews on these boards. Look forward to hearing how it was.

Honestly, sailing on the Yael was the best part of our trip to Mexico. My husband and I had the boat to ourselves. I was really surprised that they didn't cancel since they had no one else going. The snorkeling in the marine preserve was awesome, way better than I had been lead to believe for the west coast of Mexico. The water was extremely clear and there were a lot of fish and sealife. The actual sailing was unbelievable, I've never sailed before due to normally getting extremely seasick but I had my patch on so I was fine. I see how people can get addicted to it. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Jaime, the deckhand, waited on us hand and foot, anything we needed. He was great. You are sure to have a wonderful time. I envy you....Cabo is probably the only port I would ever really want to go back to and then only if I could sail on the Yael again.

Kristy

Please let us know how it was. We had also been very interested in the Princess yacht excursion but not so much now since reviews seem like it's not all as advertised. Had been considering YAEL based on positive reviews on these boards. Look forward to hearing how it was.

I already bought my notebook since I'm planning on taking lots of notes and providing a detailed review of my entire trip. I'll be sure to post back on my experiences on all my excursions. :)

Honestly, sailing on the Yael was the best part of our trip to Mexico.

I saw all your comments about it and it was a big reason I booked with them. I think that says a lot that they did not cancel. I mean how did they make any money taking in just over $100 for the trip?

Gil responded to everything the same day, I don't have to pay until I get on the boat and if we can't tender no charge. I really looks like a nice way to spend a few hours in Cabo.

just did it last week based on everyone's critics and definitely lived up to our expectation. Jaime and Pete were great.

Awesome! Can you provide some details.

Did you walk over to meet them, where they easy to find? How long did you spend snorkeling? How warm was the water? Anything else I should know?

Thanks! :)

Kristy,

We will be doing this adventure on Nov 6 - and really excited! You mentioned that they had shirts? Are they t-shirts? Was the water pretty warm when you went?

Thanks!

Hi there, unfortunately I wasn't the one that got a t-shirt, I probably would have bought one but wasn't told about it. The water was extremely warm, we jumped right in and it felt like a bathtub! The water was crystal clear and there were a lot of fish to see. Very good snorkeling. They will let you snorkel as long as you want. We snorkeled about an hour and then got back on the boat to go sailing. The sailing was awesome, my first time, and I loved it. We were served drinks, sandwiches, chips and salsa and desert. It was the most idyllic afternoon I've spent in a long time. I wonder if Captain Pete is still there, he told us he was leaving to go to another boat but hadn't told Gil yet. Maybe he changed his mind cause it sounds like he was there after we were. He is an American and did a great job and was quite knowledgable. You will so enjoy it.

Kristy

I just sent an inquiry in to them. I got burned on a private excursion in the caribbean because the boat didn't sell out so I'm glad to hear that they are an honest company. It sounds idylic. Do you know where you snorkeled?

~Lisa

I just sent an inquiry in to them. I got burned on a private excursion in the caribbean because the boat didn't sell out so I'm glad to hear that they are an honest company. It sounds idylic. Do you know where you snorkeled?

~Lisa

We snorkeled in the Marine Preserve. It's my understanding that only the smaller boats can go there although I have to say that there are a LOT of small boats. That being said there weren't a lot of snorkelers around us. It was closer to the Lover's Beach area. A lot of people come out in the water taxi's just to see the arch close up and don't ever get in the water. It's truly their loss. It was better than the snorkeling I did in the Molokini Crater in Hawaii and also on the island of St. Lucia in the Caribbean. The absolute best snorkeling ever is in French Polynesia, I don't think anything else would compare. *big sigh*

Kristy

We snorkeled in the Marine Preserve. It's my understanding that only the smaller boats can go there although I have to say that there are a LOT of small boats. That being said there weren't a lot of snorkelers around us. It was closer to the Lover's Beach area. A lot of people come out in the water taxi's just to see the arch close up and don't ever get in the water. It's truly their loss. It was better than the snorkeling I did in the Molokini Crater in Hawaii and also on the island of St. Lucia in the Caribbean. The absolute best snorkeling ever is in French Polynesia, I don't think anything else would compare. *big sigh*

Kristy

Have you tried snorkeling in Bonaire? It is fabulous snorkeling too. I sure would like to try French Polynesia! "real big sigh"! ;)

Have you tried snorkeling in Bonaire? It is fabulous snorkeling too. I sure would like to try French Polynesia! "real big sigh"! ;)

Do it! You will be forever changed and forever spoiled. Trust me...I've been three times. Unfortunately it is extremely expensive which is why we're traveling to other locations now. :( The snorkeling is so awesome. We swam with about every fish imaginable including black and white tipped reef sharks. We hand fed the stingrays. There are no waves, all lagoons, super easy snorkeling. One of the most amazing places I've ever been. I feel very fortunate.

Kristy

Do it! You will be forever changed and forever spoiled. Trust me...I've been three times. Unfortunately it is extremely expensive which is why we're traveling to other locations now. :( The snorkeling is so awesome. We swam with about every fish imaginable including black and white tipped reef sharks. We hand fed the stingrays. There are no waves, all lagoons, super easy snorkeling. One of the most amazing places I've ever been. I feel very fortunate.

Kristy

I sure hope to sometime in the fairly near future. I sure know what you mean (and agree with you) about feeling so fortunate. We have been able to see some many wonderful place and experience so many interesting things. French Polynesia is most surely on my short list. The closest we have gotten so far is Fanning Island and that was wonderful.

Kristy

Thanks for the info. I also love snorkeling so it is on top of my list for Cabo. I hope the water is warm in December!

• 2 weeks later...
Could you give me some details on this trip...length, cost, etc? Thanks.

The Yael sail is 3 hours and the cost when we went in September was $57 per person. This included your snorkeling gear, food, open bar. The trip consists of snorkeling and open ocean sailing. It was wonderful! You can email Gil Gerard at infoatcabosaildotcom. Tell him Kristy said hello. :)

The Yael sail is 3 hours and the cost when we went in September was $57 per person. This included your snorkeling gear, food, open bar. The trip consists of snorkeling and open ocean sailing. It was wonderful! You can email Gil Gerard at infoatcabosaildotcom. Tell him Kristy said hello. :)

It will be $57/pp for us the 1st week of Dec. That does not include the tip for the crew that would be "appreciated" according to Gil! :)

It will be $57/pp for us the 1st week of Dec. That does not include the tip for the crew that would be "appreciated" according to Gil! :)

Yes this goes without saying. The boat captain, ours was Pete, and the deckhand, Jaime work for the company. Pete told us that he and Jaime split the tips evenly. I think we gave a $30 tip, it was well worth it.

Kristy

My wife went on the trip in October and had a great time. We happend to be the only two people as well and were spoiled with the boat to ourselves...and still for the group rate. After getting me a beer and the wife a rum punch. We first went to the snorkel spot nears lovers beach. They provide you with snorkel gear. It's good quality USA divers gear, not the cheesy snorkel gear that I have experienced on other tours. The snorkeling was good and the water was warm.

After an hour of snorkeling we got back on the boat and toured lovers beach, the arch and sea lion colony. We did this from the bench on the front of the boat where Jaime brought us a nice lunch. We then headed a little off the coast and we raised the sails. We then spent the next two hours sailing around. Pete taught my wife how to steer the boat with the wind patterns, we had a blast.

Pete the captain and Jaime were great and super friendly. Jaime knew a lot about the area. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS!

This sounds like so much fun, and what awesome reviews!! We'll be in Cabo around the 13th of Janurary, so I don't know how warm the water will be. For those of you who have been to Cabo in Jaurary, would you recommend a snorkerling/sailing trip like this, or do the snorkeling down in the warmer waters of PV?

I'm going to email Gil right now to see what the availability is. :)

Archived