Booked the Yael for Cabo

gargoyle999

Hi!

Just back last night from our trip - we did the Yael Chica on Friday with Yair (Captain) and Jamie (Captain in Training). What fun guys and we were also the only ones for the morning trip. We brought our own masks for snorkeling, used their fins. The snorkeling was good! Big yellow, black & white angel fish - water was warm, but refreshing. There is not the big coral like in Caribbean, but water is pretty clear! After an hour of playing in the water, we had a lite lunch back on the boat and went around to the arch. We felt like this was one of our favorite excursions! :D

After getting back to the Marina, we shopped around for some items we wanted and then had fish tacos - yum! Walk back along the Marina, back to the ship, then enjoyed watching the jet skiers & parasailing all over the blue bay before it was time for the ship to turn around and head on out towards Long Beach.

Your going to have a great time if you've booked this trip!:D

**They had just got their new boat to add to the fleet - now they have 3!

Question for all who have been on one of the Yael sailboats. How would you rate the movement of the boat? Is there lots of motion? I realize it depends a lot on the wave motion. I'm trying to decide if we want to book this excursion. I frequently have motion issues and I am cautious about the excursions I take...although I LOVED the catamaran in St. Thomas, so I can handle some movement...Thank you patch! :D

Question for all who have been on one of the Yael sailboats. How would you rate the movement of the boat? Is there lots of motion? I realize it depends a lot on the wave motion. I'm trying to decide if we want to book this excursion. I frequently have motion issues and I am cautious about the excursions I take...although I LOVED the catamaran in St. Thomas, so I can handle some movement...Thank you patch! :D

I am the world's worst sailor. I can get sick in a bathtub! lol I put a patch on the day we left on the cruise and took the last one off a few days after we got home. (that way no land sickness!) I did the sail on the Yael and it was fine. If I can do it with a patch you can do it with a patch, trust me. It was so awesome, don't miss out.

Kristy

Thank you to everyone for the awesome reveiws.

I have one question: We are done with the Yael excursion at 1pm and my friend and I would like to find a place to do jet skiing and parasailing. Any suggestions?

~Lisa

I am the world's worst sailor. I can get sick in a bathtub! lol I put a patch on the day we left on the cruise and took the last one off a few days after we got home. (that way no land sickness!) I did the sail on the Yael and it was fine. If I can do it with a patch you can do it with a patch, trust me. It was so awesome, don't miss out.

Kristy

Thank you, thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know. With each cruise I am getting better and better, but only a person that has experienced motion sickness knows how it feels. My DH and the friends we travel with have no issues but they are very considerate of mine. I just don't like to hold back on the excursions they would love to go on. I will e-mail and book it today! Glad you had a great time.

Has anyone from the Sapphire Princess booked this excursion? Our itinerary says we will be in port from 7am to 2pm and I have read that you must be on board at 1pm. Correspondence with the Yael says we have a 3 hour trip that leaves at 10am...that would make it really difficult to be back on board at 1. Does anyone know if there is a time difference from the ship to Cabo? I am concerned that the timing won't work out unless we book the private sail and are able to leave at 9am instead of 10am. Input?

Has anyone from the Sapphire Princess booked this excursion? Our itinerary says we will be in port from 7am to 2pm and I have read that you must be on board at 1pm. Correspondence with the Yael says we have a 3 hour trip that leaves at 10am...that would make it really difficult to be back on board at 1. Does anyone know if there is a time difference from the ship to Cabo? I am concerned that the timing won't work out unless we book the private sail and are able to leave at 9am instead of 10am. Input?

Interesting. I know that ship time = shore time in Cabo. (Also same in Mazatlan and ship time is 1 hour behind shore time in PV). But I thought we would have a little more time. But I looked at the Patter from Oct and it lists 1pm as time the "last tenders leave ashore".

Guess I better go post this question on the Princess board and see what people say. I'll report back once I get any replys...

We were on the Sapphire during the Oct 25 cruise and the stay in Cabo is 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM, with the last tender around 1:00 PM PROMPT. It is extended only if those in line at 1:00 PM have not yet boarded a tender. Princess uses all the ships tenders, plus shore boats - very efficiently.

We have booked the YAEL for a private family sailing/snorkeling sail during the Nov 22 cruise on the Sapphire from 9:00 AM to 12 NOON with pickup and delivery at the Sapphire Tender Dock. I'd suggest you arrange for a similar time, certainly no later than 12:30 pm return.

BTW: we met with Pete and Yair to see the YAEL during our Oct 25 cruise and were very impressed with the safety they take with the boat, the equipment they had on-board, and their friendliness. We are looking forward to our sail .

The YAEL slip in the Cabo Marina is about a 20 to 30 minute walk from the Sapphire Tender Dock. Their are shore "glass-bottom" boats that will transport you between the two docks in about 10 minutes time for $4 to $5 per person.

I would contact Gil Gerard and tell him your ship arrival and departure time. It's possible that he can change the sailing time to one hour earlier to accommodate you. We left at 12:00 instead of 10:00 because our ship got in later. Now that he has a third sailboat it might be doable.

Kristy

I will be in Cabo on Nov 24th aboard NCL Star. We don't arrive until 11am so we can't take the standard tour $57, but Gil has agreed to run a separate boat if I can get a total of six together. Unfortunately, everyone on our roll call already has plans or isn't interested. Thought I would try here too. Drop me a line at BigNCBear@aol.com if you care to snorkel on Monday the 24th.

Clay

luv2travel...just wanted to thank you for bringing this up! It looks like there is a strict cutoff to be back in line no later than 1pm. I didn't think it would be that early. Figured it would be around 1:30 or so giving us enough time to get back after the 1pm end of the trip.

I've emailed Gil to let him know that we can only go if the time is earlier, otherwise we will have to cancel. I've reserved a ship snorkeling excursion just in case. It's actually one I was going to due until I came across reviews for the Yael.

So thank you very much. Likely saved me from some amount of pain by finding this out 3 weeks early instead of standing at the pier in Cabo watching the ship sail away! :)

Gil already responded to me! Everyone who has booked the same day as us is from the Sapphire so they are changing the time to be 9am-noon. So we will be back in line of plenty of time and can still sail on the Yael!

Now hopefully we can get off the ship in time to meet up with him at 8:45am!

Gil already responded to me! Everyone who has booked the same day as us is from the Sapphire so they are changing the time to be 9am-noon. So we will be back in line of plenty of time and can still sail on the Yael!

Now hopefully we can get off the ship in time to meet up with him at 8:45am!

WOW. That works great for you. I wish mine would work that way also. I will probably just reserve the Yael Chica instead. It will cost more, but we will get to say when we want to go. I wish we had a couple more people and it would make it more reasonable on cost. Alas...it is only money right! :rolleyes:

Well I had planned to do a Princess excursion in Cabo due to it being tender and I've never done a tender before. But due to the very positive comments I've read on CC about the Yael I decided to "live a little" and do an independent excursion.

I'm giving up my spot on the Princess yacht excursion (initial review not so good but a quick comment from this week seems it was much better). I hope the Yael lives up to all the positive comments! :)

What is the price for the Yael tour? I didn't see it on their web site. We are still trying to decide what to do in Cabo....

I went on the Yael November 17. Great operation, great crew. The snorkeling was amazing, better than Oahu. Lots of people snorkeling in one little area, but tons of fish.

Be aware of the time difference in Cabo. Many people missed the boat and had to take a water taxi out to it. The time is one hour ahead.

I went on the Yael November 17. Great operation, great crew. The snorkeling was amazing, better than Oahu. Lots of people snorkeling in one little area, but tons of fish.

Be aware of the time difference in Cabo. Many people missed the boat and had to take a water taxi out to it. The time is one hour ahead.

The time must vary by cruise line. When I'm in Cabo (NEXT WEEK :D) on my Princess cruise, the time on the ship will be the same as on land.

Archived