Library on the Noordam

debmkay

No they probably would not have the NY Times best sellers from this summer but they do have popular best sellers from January. THey have a great selection of non-fiction also, games and magazines. People check out alot of books the first few days. I think the HAL ships have a wonderful library but of course, they try to have an assortment for all readers. I am associated with high school and public libraries and was impressed.:D

We have sailed quite a few times on the same ships since the new Explorations Cafe was added to the ships.

They are not updated!!

Books that were there in 2005 are still there in 2008 -- no new additions!!

HAL started off with a good idea -- but HAL really needs to invest money to update the libraries!!

It's a cruise ship. Not the Library of Congress. :)

I think they offer plenty of reading material.... enough for most of us to be able to find a book or two to read.

It will vary by ship how current the best sellers are in some respect as some folks leave current best sellers they brought with them on the ship. Some of us donate books to the ships. DH and I never bring home hardcover books we have finished but leave them in the library.

Donate your book when you leave and the libraries will stay more current. :)

We want the lowest fares possible and yet we want them spending tens of thousands of dollars buying books for all the ships. :rolleyes: We cannot have it all in this day and age. Pay more; get more.

Archived