Port or Starboard?

Mysticks1

Is port or starboard better for this itinerary?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Is port or starboard better for this itinerary?

• Port is better.
    • Starboard is better.
    • They are equally the same.

I have booked a Starboard balcony on Solstice for our Med. cruise upon the recommendation of the Celebrity cruise planner. I am looking for information from experienced cruisers who can tell me if there is any difference in the sides since I can change cabins at this time. Is there a better view from either side? I know it is hit or miss on which side for docking and am not really concerned with that as I enjoy both views of the land side and water side when docked. I am trying to decide if port of starboard might be better for some reason unknown to me. I have attached a photo of the itinerary and published path of the ship.

ROM_JTR_JMK_IST_ADB_ATH_NAP_ROM.gif.68da25a299c6da5c90f477d914ac6a26.gif

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote in my poll. I think I will stick with the starboard balcony. :) I couldn't see where it would make much difference but being able get all of your opinions as well makes me feel better about the choice.

I voted for starboard primarily for when you are sailing up the coast of Italy. Although either side of the ship would be fine. If you want to relax on your balcony during the time along the coast of Italy there is some nice scenery. As you go through the Messina Straits you will be close to land.

I voted for starboard primarily for when you are sailing up the coast of Italy. Although either side of the ship would be fine. If you want to relax on your balcony during the time along the coast of Italy there is some nice scenery. As you go through the Messina Straits you will be close to land.

Thank you for the information. That is the area that the Celebrity planner mentioned as well. This cruise is in celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary and will be our first one without our daughter. I expect to spend a lot of time on our balcony relaxing.

Archived