WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Is Robert Flack's wife, Andrea, onboard Reflection with him?

As someone has already confirmed Robert and Andrea will be on the RF, they have just gone on vacation last week returning to Germany in late september with the rest of the crew to fire up the RF....

Sue is covering for Damien, but then Bernhard from the Eclipse will move up to the Silhouette.

I would like to see Christophe move from the Connie to the Eclipse as HD.

Facebook does strange things like that when certain apps are used. If you confirm you knew someone through a particular employment it automatically puts your employment as that company, and Damien did previously work on other lines.

Looking forward to catching up with them both in Novemebr for the crossing.

I'd be happy to maintain an online spreadsheet of who's who onboard if there would be interest.

Just need to get current from all the ships as a starting point

If you know current ones either post or email me

Master

Staff Captain

Chief Engineer

Hotel Director

Asst Hotel Director

Guest Relations Manager

Cruise Director

Food and Beverage Manager

Executive Chef

Captains Club Host

Feel Free to email me

Sounds like an ongoing, tremendous task. Thanks for volunteering!

Carole

I am not trying to be sarcastic, but is there a particular reason why people would be so interested in what officers are staffing a cruise?? I can see perhaps an interest in the cruise director.

We have been many cruises and have never really had the desire to know which officers were on board. We do not know then personally,interact with very few of them, and then only the occasional social interaction. Is there something we are missing here?

Edited by iancal

I am not trying to be sarcastic, but is there a particular reason why people would be so interested in what officers are staffing a cruise?? I can see perhaps an interest in the cruise director.

We have been many cruises and have never really had the desire to know which officers were on board. We do not know then personally,interact with very few of them, and then only the occasional social interaction. Is there something we are missing here?

I can only speak for myself. I enjoy cruising and the Celebrity product and have found myself cruising more than I would have guessed even three or four years ago. I have found myself building relationships with a number of crew and always looking forward to reconnecting with them. I've seen quite a few advance positions and am pleased to see that happen. Now this might sound selfish, but when you know people on a more personal level you know that any problem or special request will be handled quickly. More importantly knowing the staff gives me a feeling that I'm returning home to see old friends. It just gives a cruise a different feel and enhances the overall experience for me.

I can only speak for myself...More importantly knowing the staff gives me a feeling that I'm returning home to see old friends. It just gives a cruise a different feel and enhances the overall experience for me.

You're speaking for me too... :D

Sometimes we interact more with certain staff/crew and it is nice to see them again. And surprising (and pleasing) when they recognize us. ;)

Edited by wtrmdr

I can only speak for myself. I enjoy cruising and the Celebrity product and have found myself cruising more than I would have guessed even three or four years ago. I have found myself building relationships with a number of crew and always looking forward to reconnecting with them. I've seen quite a few advance positions and am pleased to see that happen. Now this might sound selfish, but when you know people on a more personal level you know that any problem or special request will be handled quickly. More importantly knowing the staff gives me a feeling that I'm returning home to see old friends. It just gives a cruise a different feel and enhances the overall experience for me.

I suspect you are speaking for many of us who cruise frequently and have developed relationships with crew, staff, and officers over the years. I know I find any cruise more enjoyable when there are people from past cruises to chat with. Including passengers. :D

Anne

I am so glad Nick "I am so important" Weir is not on any cruise I am on. I don't think I am breaking any rules by saying I am not a fan having experienced his style before and in my humble opinion Celebrity has much better/nicer/humbler but still very professional cruise directors that can easily replace him.

Originally Posted by iancal

We have become good friends with some of the staff. As someone mentioned earlier, there is nothing like walking onto the ship and finding that you know many of the staff. We are fortunate to have met some great officers and staff throughout our cruises and are lucky to consider them friends.

As of June 10-17/2012

CELEBRITY CENTURY

Master: Captain Isidoros Karamaounas

Chief Engineer: Haris Karamitsios

Staff Captain: Dimitrios Kardasilaris

Guest Relations Manager: Philip Holmes

Hotel Director: Jamie Petts

Cruise Director: John Grantham

Food & Beverage Manager: Thomas Kassner

Executive Chef: Jimmy Pereira

As of June 10-17/2012

CELEBRITY CENTURY

Master: Captain Isidoros Karamaounas

Chief Engineer: Haris Karamitsios

Staff Captain: Dimitrios Kardasilaris

Guest Relations Manager: Philip Holmes

Hotel Director: Jamie Petts

Cruise Director: John Grantham

Food & Beverage Manager: Thomas Kassner

Executive Chef: Jimmy Pereira

Thanks for posting this. Would you have the name of the Captain's Club host(ess) as well.

I'll add the info to the summary tonight.

As you get to know staff sometimesnits nice to bring a small token gift. One

Christmas I handed out little bags of peppermints from a local candy maker. One certain CC host really loved them and when I know I'll be seeing that host again, I try to bring more with me. It helps to know ahead of time as they have to be ordered special from the candy guy if it's not the Christmas season.

Does anyone know if X has the same 10-week-on, 10-week-off schedule that RC implements? If so, Captain Kostas Patsoulas is probably due to take over as Master of Century, pretty soon. He rotated off at the end our our Hawaii cruise (April 20-May 5) this year.

Also, for anyone who keeps track of Captains Club Hostesses, ours on Century was the lovely and charming Jonette Briones-Sarmiento.

Thanks for posting this. Would you have the name of the Captain's Club host(ess) as well.

I'll add the info to the summary tonight.

Unfortunately I was not a CC member at the time so I do not have that info

Does anyone know if X has the same 10-week-on, 10-week-off schedule that RC implements? If so, Captain Kostas Patsoulas is probably due to take over as Master of Century, pretty soon. He rotated off at the end our our Hawaii cruise (April 20-May 5) this year.

Also, for anyone who keeps track of Captains Club Hostesses, ours on Century was the lovely and charming Jonette Briones-Sarmiento.

I believe that Celebrity Masters have a three month rotation.

I will mark Jonette as the CC hostess for Century until someone posts her replacement.

Originally Posted by iancal

We have become good friends with some of the staff. As someone mentioned earlier, there is nothing like walking onto the ship and finding that you know many of the staff. We are fortunate to have met some great officers and staff throughout our cruises and are lucky to consider them friends.

This is so true! When an officer or crew sees you and smiles with their arms outstretched you do feel like you are home and someone is happy to see you! I am always happy to see them... Happy cruising:D

Capnpugwash confirms in his 'live from' thread the following for Celebrity Eclipse on the current Iceland/Fjords cruise which left Southampton on 7 July:

"The Captain is Panagiotis Skylogiannis, Chief Engineer is Georgios Spyrellis and the Staff Captain is Theocharis Charalampos"

now if only some S-Class cruisers would report back..

WhoIsWhereJuly92012.png

Patti Honacki was the cruise director on the Equinox in June 2012 and the captain was Apostolos Bouzakis - we remembered him by calling him Boozy but can assure we never saw him with a drink, it was just a nickname to remember his name

Edited by Tiggertastic