Music played when leaving port - Wind Surf

pcx

Just come back from 2 weeks on Wind Surf - first time (although done 15+ cruises on most other popular lines) and we loved it - great ship/food/staff/service - we will definitely book another one soon!

Does anyone know the medley of music played when we left ports - I think one was Andre Botelli & Sarah Brightman? but does anyone know the others?

Any help much appreciated - Thanks Pauline

Hi - just got back from WindSurf cruise as well. It was great. We love WindSurf.

The grandiose music they play upon dept ports is from the movie soundtrack: "1492, conquest of paradise" Vangelis is the musician/author. By the way, its a great movie too, about Columbus.

Hi - just got back from WindSurf cruise as well. It was great. We love WindSurf.

The grandiose music they play upon dept ports is from the movie soundtrack: "1492, conquest of paradise" Vangelis is the musician/author. By the way, its a great movie too, about Columbus.

"Conquest of Paradise" is the departure music played on the Wind Spirit; at least that was the case last May.

Are you sure you haven't confused the ship names? I believe that the music is selected by the captain of each ship so is likely to be unique to that ship.

I've been on the Windsurf several times, and they always play "1492-Conquest of Paradise" in the Compass Rose when the ship leaves port. I don't think you can hear it anywhere else on the ship. I always make a point of being up on deck when we depart, and the music is part of the fun.

Being on deck and listening to the departure music is something we don't miss. We've had a couple occasions where dolphins were following alongside and it was truly delightful.

We are exploring our next Windstar cruise and this makes me wistful. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Just come back from 2 weeks on Wind Surf - first time (although done 15+ cruises on most other popular lines) and we loved it - great ship/food/staff/service - we will definitely book another one soon!

Does anyone know the medley of music played when we left ports - I think one was Andre Botelli & Sarah Brightman? but does anyone know the others?

Any help much appreciated - Thanks Pauline

The Sarah Brightman music is "Time to Say Goodbye" which is played occasionally on all Windstar ships but the main sail-away music is Conquest of Paradise.

• 2 months later...

all correct answers~!! :-)

the sailing music is from vangelis; the singing is andrea bocelli/sarah brightman.

the vangelis cd is available on board, i think i'ts 19.99

andrea/sarah is available online or in music stores.

both are cheaper to buy off the ship ;/

Archived