Any swimming with anything besides dolphins on any of the Spirit destinations

Gingee

We are going on the Spirit out of New Orleans to Cozmuel, Costa Maya, Guatamala, and Belize in December. My daughter wants to swim with manatees or something besides dolphins (did that in Cozmuel). No shark swimming though. Does anyone know if there is anything like that at those islands?

Thanks

We are going on the Spirit out of New Orleans to Cozmuel, Costa Maya, Guatamala, and Belize in December. My daughter wants to swim with manatees or something besides dolphins (did that in Cozmuel). No shark swimming though. Does anyone know if there is anything like that at those islands?

Thanks

Do the river tubing in Belize . Theres all kinds of little no seeums tickeling your tose :eek: .

really it was fun .

Or you could go snorkel the big black hole off shore , thats quite the experience.

Thanks

when are you going on the Spirit?

Nita

Our cruise is January 4th. I guess I should add that we knocked out the cave tubing idea. My DH does not want his passports or whatever getting wet and such.

If I see any excursions that will offer swimming with something other than Dolphins I will let you know. I think there is a company that offers swimming with the Stingrays which is really fun. We did this about 3 years ago.

BTW, we don't take our passports off the ship, we just use other ID. Just a thought

Nita

Our cruise is January 4th. I guess I should add that we knocked out the cave tubing idea. My DH does not want his passports or whatever getting wet and such.

We are on the same cruise 01/04/09. We ahve been on the Spirit before and love it. Hope you enjoy her as much as we do.

When we went to Cozumel, we went to the big beach park, Chara......forget the name, but anyway, they are mostly known for swimming with the dolphins but they also have a swimming with sea lions. We did a package with both but I think you can do just the sea lions. We loved it. Much smaller group, and the sea lions aren't as well trained as the dolphins so it was much more improvised and a whole lot more fun.

Clay

Chakanaab has swimming with dolphins. Belize I think has swimming with the sting rays (still trying to get that all worked out).

Swimming with Manatees - NO. These beautiful creatures are best observed from a distance. They are very sensitive and freak out somewhat when they have others invade their space.

Never seen it happen but I would never want to get pancaked between two of them (even if they were trying to be affectionate ;)).

Chakanaab has swimming with dolphins. Belize I think has swimming with the sting rays (still trying to get that all worked out).

Swimming with Manatees - NO. These beautiful creatures are best observed from a distance. They are very sensitive and freak out somewhat when they have others invade their space.

Never seen it happen but I would never want to get pancaked between two of them (even if they were trying to be affectionate ;)).

This is way off topic here, but you are allowed to swim with the Manatee's in Crystal River in FL. They have special permission from whoever sets the mandates on Manatee's. It is the only place in the US, that you are allowed to swim with them.

If you ever get to the area, don't miss it.....a fantastic experience!

CG

Are you sure there is still swimming with the sea lions in Cozmuel? I don't remember seeing any while we were there with the dolphins.

Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel does not offer swimming with sea lions. The DD in Cancun does as well as Manatee's.

CG

Archived