How many cabins to become a 'group'?

It does require 8 cabins to make a group, but talk to your TA anyway. They may be able to supplement your cabins with others who want that same sailing and get the special benefits and perks for all of you.

5 is all you need for a family reunion group to receive the Family Reunion benefits

Work with a travel agent and they can reserve the group space for you and set the price before you have everyone ready to pay their deposits. If you are after extra like ship board credit or a bottle of wine the travel agent can sell the extra cabins so that you can get these extras. Depending on the agent you might even get the free berth that comes with 8 sold cabins.

Aunty Pat

We're long range planners and have until spring 2010 to make a booking.

We do have a good TA, I just like to do some preliminary research and line up some intelligent questions before contacting her.

Aunty Pat, I didn't know what to expect -- an extra berth or OBC would be great, but don't think I'd fuss for a bottle of wine.

Archived