inside the QE2

David2115

Who has fed the journalists with all the reasons why QE2 is past it? Is it Cunard? Presumably this chap isn't a cruise ship expert.

He doesn't claim to be, he's a tv presenter.

Oh you can't possibly go on QE2, she's only 105 foot wide... what rot!

I've watched it three times and I still can't see the bit where he says that.

Here's a slightly more upbeat one - http://media.medialink.com/WebNR.aspx?story=35859

That's the way to do it, if you don't like someone's view scratch around until you find one you DO like.

I don't understand this QE2 blindness. On another board a Dutch poster made the mildest of criticisms of this boat and was met with a barrage of the most virulent, vulgar abuse. Schoolboy references to his genitalia. Jokes, bordering on the racist about his command of grammar and spelling

in English. And this was from someone who claimed to be a gentleman.

If this mentality is a fair sample of this wretched ship's clientel then in all seriousness it's well overdue for binning.

Gari

i have not been on the Qe2 but from what i have seen it does look a bit dated, it looked like very 70s decor. Needs updating like the much larger modern cruise ships. More for families not just the more affluent couples only cruises

The thing about the QE2 is that she's charming.

I am personally a big ship fan - as in the larger Princess ships, not the Oasis from the Seas large - but was completely captivated by the QE2. Other ships may be larger and more modern, but there is a sameness to them that makes them blend together - rather like travelling abroad only to stay in a Hilton or Holiday Inn. Pleasant, nice and undemanding, true, but formulaic.

The QE2 is a grand old dame, of mystery and history and with a very powerful charm.

Mike

I just go for the facts. The promenade deck does not go "all around" on QE2, you have to climb stairs at the bow and go over. Even if he is not a ship expert, he was on the ship, and could have seen that.

Also, I believe that the glass funnel idea has been dropped.

Lastly, Gari, please can you email me at jgsmuzzy@aol.com? Thanks

J

Archived