hotel question near san padro-port of los angeles

mikeblum

has anyone stayed at the holiday inn near the pier at san padro...we are doing our pre-nite there on saturday march 14th...mariner of the sea's...3-15-2009...MARCH MADNESS ON THE MARINER...AH YES...TO CELEBRATE ST PADDY'S DAY ON THE HIGH SEA'S...THE DRINK OF THE DAY WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TYPE OF GREEN THING...

Try the hotel section of the boards, I think I remember seeing it mentioned along with some other hotel. I live about 30 minutes from San Pedro , but have never been to the Holiday Inn , can't help you there sorry. If you have a day or so pre cruise , there is a merchant marine vessel docked right next to the cruise docks, it is the Lane Victory, very interesting to go through. Probably can find out about it online if you google Lane Victory. Been a couple years since I went there on a little tour. Small ship big history.

Cori

I ASSumed the hotel shuttle would take us from LAX to the Crowne Plaza, so when we landed I called the hotel only to find out they don't pick up at the airport because it's too far. Luckily I found a limo service to take the nine of us to San Pedro. Who would know, I didn't I ASSumed all hotels picked up at the airport

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last year when we were sailing from the San Pedro Pier. It was a lovely hotel, most comfy bed ever, and I would love to stay there again. We woke up, looked out the window and sure enough...... there was our cruise ship.

AND the little plug in night light they gave us in our "goodie bag" has been used on every cruise since.

Pat

has anyone stayed at the holiday inn near the pier at san padro...we are doing our pre-nite there on saturday march 14th...mariner of the sea's...3-15-2009...MARCH MADNESS ON THE MARINER...AH YES...TO CELEBRATE ST PADDY'S DAY ON THE HIGH SEA'S...THE DRINK OF THE DAY WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TYPE OF GREEN THING...

It's an OK place, not tops..but serves the purpose. We had nice views from our suite with wrap around balcony--even though we had booked a regular room! It is a ways from the pier ,,,there's a nice diner down the block where we ate most of our meals... Enjoy your trip!

Most people recommend the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree. Both are good - I have stayed at the CP several times, and the only thing wrong with it is the gym is crappy. I'll be staying at the DT in April.

I have heard some good reviews of the Holiday Inn, but some bad, too. Don't eat in the restaurant, seems to be the general advice given.

The CP can often be grabbed for $65 on Priceline - I have done that 3 times now.

San Pedro is way too far away from LAX for there to be a free hotel shuttle. However, the CP and DT do shuttle you for free to the pier, and will also take you short distances to local venues. A hotel by the airport will have a shuttle to the hotel, but then you would still have to get to the pier on your own the next day.;)

Does anyone know of a hotel there that keeps your car for the week while you cruise, takes you to the port and then picks you up?

There was, I believe, a Sheraton Hotel years ago that did that with the car for free in their "Park and Sail Package". The hotel changed names and I have no idea what it is now.

I remember the car was stored in their parking garage under the hotel. ;)

Thanks

Does anyone know of a hotel there that keeps your car for the week while you cruise, takes you to the port and then picks you up?

There was, I believe, a Sheraton Hotel years ago that did that with the car for free in their "Park and Sail Package". The hotel changed names and I have no idea what it is now.

Thanks

Check out the Doubletree and Crowne Plaza. I know for sure that the DT has a park and sail package.

Thanks

The Sheraton no longer exists - because it was bought out and is now called the Crowne Plaza.

They don't offer the Park and Sail package. But the DoubleTree does!

Another vote for the Doubletree. Shuttle service available. Very nice hotel, nice restaurant bar/lounge area. Right on a marina and you can eat outside. We had free wireless access in the lounge, but we are Hilton Honors members and I can't remember if that is why it was free or not. Anyway, we were also able to get two connecting rooms which was great as we were traveling with 3 young teen girls. The rooms we had were very nice. We stayed there in March, 2007 the night prior to our Vision of the Seas sailing.

Another vote for the Doubletree. You don't have to get the Park and sail package. The parking as well as the shuttle to the pier is FREE!! At least it was last week when we said goodbye to the Monarch on a b2b. The only benefit to the package I believe you get free breakfast. Letty

Archived