Share your favorite Recipes

cctn

I am sure a lot of us have our favorite recipes - there's been some threads that used to list them down - the holidays are coming up and we Cruisers can all share and use some new recipes ... recipes we have collected from our cruises, from friends we have met on cruises, etc...

Let's share!!

Corkey Carol

New England Lobster Pie (serves 4) - from HAL cooking demonstration (I tried it and we love it)

Ingredients:

10 tablespoons butter

½ cup good quality sherry

2 cups of bite size lobster meat

2 tablespoons flour

1 ½ cups half and half

4 egg yolks beaten

Topping:

½ cup cracker meal

½ teaspoon paprika

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

4 tablespoons melted butter

Preparation: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F

Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter, add sherry and boil 1 minute. Add lobster and remove from heat.

In a medium saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Drain and reserve the sherry from the lobster meat, then slowly stir sherry and cream into the mixture until thoroughly blended.

Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth and thick. Spoon 4 tablespoons of the sauce into a small bowl. Add beaten egg yolks, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well after each addition. Return egg mixture to sauce and mix well. Stir over low heat about 3 minutes; do not allow to boil.

Remove from heat and add lobster. Turn into 4 individual ramekins or a small deep pie plate. Combine topping ingredients, blend well, and sprinkle over pie(s).

Bake about 10 minutes to heat through.

Tilapia Veracruz Style - got this from HAL

We love Tilapia and have several receipes but this is one of our favoriates:

Ingredients

1 28 ounce candiced tomatoes in juice, well drained and juices reserved

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup finely chopped white onion

3 large cloves garlic, chopped

3 small bay leaves

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano

Dash of cinnamon (optional)

1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives

2 tablespoons raisins

2 tablespoons drained capers

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

6 4 - 5 ounce tilapia fillets

3 pickled jalapenos, halved lengthwise

1.In a medium bowl, crush the tomatoes to a course puree with a potato masher. Transfer to a strainer and drain over a bowl, reserving the juices. Set aside.

2.In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and stir for 30 more seconds. Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.

3.Add the bay leaves, parsley, oregano, cinnamon (if using) and 1/4 cup reserved tomato juices. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.

4.Add the olives, raisins, capers and remaining reserved tomato juices. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens again, about 8 minutes. Seasonwith salt and pepper. (The sauce can be made to this point 1 day ahead. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.)

5.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread 3 tablespoons sauce in the bottom of a 15 by 10 by 2 inch glass baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets on the sauce. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon the remaining sauce over the fish. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 18 minutes. With a long spatula, transfer the fish with the sauce to plates. Garnish with pickled jalapeno halves and serve with steaming rice.

Yummy! I am headed to Florida next week and will find my RCI cookbook and contribute to this thread.

Kathy:)

Hi Kathy - I sure enjoy you from the other threads we share - I am hearing that RCCL has another cookbook for sale - I have 3 already - I love recipes -

I will post one that I love to make all the time - it's an oldie but goodie - simple - ...

thanks Kathy, Corkey Carol

Krazy Kruizers:

thank you for your recipes - I was wondering what I can do with my filet of fish that someone gave us last night - it's bass and not tilapia but I will make your recipe anyway - both sound so good!! Corkey Carol

WINE CAKE

1 box Yellow cake mix – I use Betty Crocker

1 small pkg lemon instant pudding

3/4 C. vegetable oil

3/4 C. Sherry wine – I use Christian Brothers

Cream Sherry – I also put in 1 CUP !!

1 tsp. nutmeg

5 eggs ( or 6 ) – makes it fluffier

Mix all together – Beat for 8 min – Yes!! 8 min. –

that’s what my friend who gave me this recipe 31 yrs ago told me !! – and that’s what I do each time …

Bake in 350 degree oven - 50 to 55 min.

I bake in a greased bundt pan – cool – remove – then sprinkle with confectioners sugar… decorate with maraschino cherries to give it some color – or candied red/green cherries for the holidays.

Krazy Kruizers:

thank you for your recipes - I was wondering what I can do with my filet of fish that someone gave us last night - it's bass and not tilapia but I will make your recipe anyway - both sound so good!! Corkey Carol

That recipe works for any fish.

DH just happens to love Tilapia.

I am getting tipsey just reading your cake recipe.

Definitely going shopping tomorrow and make this for DH on Sunday!!!

I often say that I am not a booze person - I am good with one glass of wine per event - etc etc... one foo foo drink per day -- but I sure can make booze cakes and rum balls! jello shooters (margarita flavor) - Carol

Hi Kathy - I sure enjoy you from the other threads we share - I am hearing that RCCL has another cookbook for sale - I have 3 already - I love recipes -

I will post one that I love to make all the time - it's an oldie but goodie - simple - ...

thanks Kathy, Corkey Carol

Hi Carol, that was such a sweet thing to say -- thank you.:o

I knew I had missed one Cookbook but hadn't realized there was another one out there. Oh well. I bought the cookbook in April on the Navigator and we left Fla shortly after that to return home for the summer so I didn't get a chance to check it out. Two recipes I am looking for are: Tuna Tartare served in Chops and Savoury Bites.:D

I will definitely get the new one if it is availabe in Dec.

Kathy

Kathy: I am also on a What are you having for dinner thread - in the Floataway lounge -- great meal ideas there every day - just follow my

threads...

I will be on a cruise Nov 2 so I'll check out that new cookbook - yum! those savory bites are the best! Hubby loves those and the cornbread when served with our meals.

tuna tarare? I don't think I have had it - I don't think I can -- but if you say it's good, I am sure it is... heehee! Corkey Carol

Kathy: I am also on a What are you having for dinner thread - in the Floataway lounge -- great meal ideas there every day - just follow my

threads...

I will be on a cruise Nov 2 so I'll check out that new cookbook - yum! those savory bites are the best! Hubby loves those and the cornbread when served with our meals.

tuna tarare? I don't think I have had it - I don't think I can -- but if you say it's good, I am sure it is... heehee! Corkey Carol

Corkey Carol:

What have you done now> You have started another thread/post about food.(LOL)

Now I have to go find some recipes to post here.

JimmyJames(From the What's for Dinner/Supper thread/post).

Corkey Carol:

What have you done now> You have started another thread/post about food.(LOL)

Now I have to go find some recipes to post here.

JimmyJames(From the What's for Dinner/Supper thread/post).

Hey! you found me - yep - this is about recipes and the other EATS thead is about what we eat everynight.. almost the same - FOOD related!!

Corkey Carol P.S. By the way, I made more of your tuna last night -sure was better than what I used to do - not watery either !!!

Brownie Pudding

This is an old receipe that has been handed down through the years.

(You all will soon discover that I am a CHOCOHOLIC.)

1 cup enriched flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons melted shortening

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup cocoa

1 3/4 cup hot water

Sift together the first 5 ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa). Add milk, vanilla and shortening - mix until smooth.

Pour into an 8 inch greased square cake pan.

Mix brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.

Pour the hot water over the entire batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Let cool and refrigerate.

After it sets for about 6 hours it is ready to serve. I always put a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Double Chocolate-Cherry Bourbon Balls

Ingredients:

1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces

3 tablespoons corn syrup

1/2 cup GOOD bourbon

1 package (8 1/2 ounces) chocolate wafers finely crushed

1 cup finely chopped nuts

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

1/4 cup finely chopped candied red cherries

granulated sugar

In top of double boiler set over hot water, melt chocolate. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup and bourbon. In large bowl mix well wafers, nuts, confectioner's sugar & cherries. Add the chocolate misture. Stir until blended. Let stand 30 minutes. Shape into 1 inch balls; roll each ball in the granulated sugar.

Refrigerate several days before serving. After that I keep mine in tightly covered container.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

In main mixing bowl, Beat:

3/4 C. butter

1 C. brown sugar

1 C. white sugar

Add to above:

4 eggs – beaten

1 T. vanilla

In separate bowl, mix :

2-1/2 C. flour

3/4 teasp salt

2-1/2 teasp baking powder

1-1/2 teasp baking soda

1 T. cinnamon

Add flour mixture to beaten butter/sugar.

Then add: 1/2 C. milk

1/2 C. powdered cocoa

1 C. chocolate chips

3 C. shredded zucchini

1 C. nuts – pecans or walnuts

Pour into 9x13 greased baking pan-

Bake 350 degrees for 50 – 55 minutes

K K :

as I told Kathy I also post on another thread called:

What Are You Having for Dinner on the Floataway - check it out - you are welcome to join, altho' I think this thread should be separate for actually posting recipes... Corkey Carol

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

In main mixing bowl, Beat:

3/4 C. butter

1 C. brown sugar

1 C. white sugar

Add to above:

4 eggs – beaten

1 T. vanilla

In separate bowl, mix :

2-1/2 C. flour

3/4 teasp salt

2-1/2 teasp baking powder

1-1/2 teasp baking soda

1 T. cinnamon

Add flour mixture to beaten butter/sugar.

Then add: 1/2 C. milk

1/2 C. powdered cocoa

1 C. chocolate chips

3 C. shredded zucchini

1 C. nuts – pecans or walnuts

Pour into 9x13 greased baking pan-

Bake 350 degrees for 50 – 55 minutes

This sounds so similar to one that a friend of ours used to make. I loved it!!

K K :

as I told Kathy I also post on another thread called:

What Are You Having for Dinner on the Floataway - check it out - you are welcome to join, altho' I think this thread should be separate for actually posting recipes... Corkey Carol

I used to go to the Floataway Lounge -- haven't been there in years.

Maybe I will stop by sometime.

And yes I agree that we should keep the recipes as a separate thread.

KK - I like it cuz of the choc chips added - it makes it more gooey --

one of my friends puts orange zest - I've never tried it that way -

I'll post the regular Kahlua cake one I have too - it's just the regular one that's been around for ages - Corkey Carol

At Christmas time I get those small glass jars -- put some of those double chocolate - cherry bourbon balls in them -- tie a big red ribbon around the neck of the jar and give them as presents to people.

That's a good idea - I give away rum balls too but I put them in trays in mini cups and they take up a lot of room so I can't give out as much as i like - the small glass jars sounds like I can get more in -- will post the kahlua cake recipe... Corkey

Archived