Kahlua Cake

1 box fudge cake mix, pudding in the mix type

1 small box chocolate pudding

2-2½ cups chocolate chips

1 pint sour cream

4 eggs

½ cup Kahlua

¼ cup vegetable oil

Mix all together in order given `til well mixed. Pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 min. Best if slightly underdone.

from Corkey Carol

Hi Corkey! Here's an easy recipe for your new thread.....

Triple-Chocolate Cookies

The key to the fugdy texture of these cookies is letting them cool directly on the baking sheets. Avoid using bittersweet bar chocolate -- the cookies won't hold their shape.

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips

7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces

2 teaspoons instant coffee (espresso powder is best)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 large eggs, room temperature

1 cup sugar

½ cup all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon table salt

1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.

2. Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in small bowl until dissolved. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla-coffee mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.

3. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl. Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chocolate chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter than cookie dough).

4. Meanwhile, adjust two oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and heat oven to 350º. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie (I use a 1 tablespoon sized ice cream scoop), place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets top to bottom, and front to back halfway through baking time. Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool cookies completely on baking sheets before serving.

I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I love these, especially with a glass of port...

Kahlua Cake

1 box fudge cake mix, pudding in the mix type

1 small box chocolate pudding

2-2½ cups chocolate chips

1 pint sour cream

4 eggs

½ cup Kahlua

¼ cup vegetable oil

Mix all together in order given `til well mixed. Pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 min. Best if slightly underdone.

from Corkey Carol

Just copied the recipe -- it sounds great!!

Hi Corkey! Here's an easy recipe for your new thread.....

Triple-Chocolate Cookies

The key to the fugdy texture of these cookies is letting them cool directly on the baking sheets. Avoid using bittersweet bar chocolate -- the cookies won't hold their shape.

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips

7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces

2 teaspoons instant coffee (espresso powder is best)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 large eggs, room temperature

1 cup sugar

½ cup all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon table salt

1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.

2. Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in small bowl until dissolved. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla-coffee mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.

3. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl. Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chocolate chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter than cookie dough).

4. Meanwhile, adjust two oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and heat oven to 350º. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie (I use a 1 tablespoon sized ice cream scoop), place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets top to bottom, and front to back halfway through baking time. Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool cookies completely on baking sheets before serving.

I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I love these, especially with a glass of port...

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE!!

Now that's for me -- ran off this recipe as well.

Thanks.

I make this recipe whenever we are having company.

Serves 8

Ingredients:

1 pound butter

11 ounces bittersweet chocolate

7 ounces sugar

3 whole eggs

3 eg yolks

3 egg whites

Vanilla extract to taste -- I use 2 teaspoons

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 ounces flour

2 ounces cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 ounce Grand Marnier

1 tablespoon orange zest

Preparation:

1.Melt together 12 ounces butter and bittersweet chocolate -- set aside

2.Mix 4 ounces butter and 6 ounces sugar until fluffy

3.Add eggs and egg yolks one by one, mixing about 30 seconds between each

4.Add melted butter and chocolate (needs to be just lukeward)

5.Add Grand Marnier and orange zest

6.Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder

7.Add dry ingredients into the butter/egg mixture and mix for 3 minutes at high speed

8.Make a meringue with the egg whites and remaining 1 ounce of sugar

9.Fold into the chocolate mixture

10.Fill 8 small ramikans with about 7 ounces of the mixture

11.Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes

12.Serve warm with Grand Marnier whipped cream

Grand Marnier Whipped Cream:

2 cups heavy cream

2 ounces sugar

1 1/2 ounces of Grand Marnier

Whip heavy cream together with sugar. Add in Grand Mariner.

Mmmmm, all those desserts need another entrée:

Sautéed Pork Tenderloin and Pears and Mustard-Port Sauce

4 servings if you're making a few sides or aren't hungry...

3 Tablespoons butter

4 firm Bartlett pears, cored, peeled and quartered

1 1-lb pork tenderloin, sliced into 12 ½-inch-thick medallions

1/3 cup flour

¾ cup low sodium chicken broth

2/3 cup tawny port

2½ teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pears to plate (do not clean skillet).

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Coat pork with flour, shake off excess. Add to same skillet and cook over medium-high until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to plate with pears. Add broth, port and both mustards to skillet. Boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, return pork, pears and any accumulated juices to skillet and simmer until pork is cooked through and sauce reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

If you don't have port, you can substitute sherry, marsala or any table wine you have on hand. Both mustards add depth/texture, but you can use just one if that's all you have. Enjoy! :)

Mmmmm, all those desserts need another entrée:

Sautéed Pork Tenderloin and Pears and Mustard-Port Sauce

4 servings if you're making a few sides or aren't hungry...

3 Tablespoons butter

4 firm Bartlett pears, cored, peeled and quartered

1 1-lb pork tenderloin, sliced into 12 ½-inch-thick medallions

1/3 cup flour

¾ cup low sodium chicken broth

2/3 cup tawny port

2½ teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pears to plate (do not clean skillet).

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Coat pork with flour, shake off excess. Add to same skillet and cook over medium-high until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to plate with pears. Add broth, port and both mustards to skillet. Boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, return pork, pears and any accumulated juices to skillet and simmer until pork is cooked through and sauce reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

If you don't have port, you can substitute sherry, marsala or any table wine you have on hand. Both mustards add depth/texture, but you can use just one if that's all you have. Enjoy! :)

I know what we are going to have for supper on Sunday!!

Thanks!!

thanx ccmm -- maybe I need to start adding to this too! hAhA! Carol[/quote

Who has time to type out recipes when you're supposed to be packing for a cruise!?!?! :D

I know what we are going to have for supper on Sunday!!

Thanks!!

This is really quick to cook once you have your "mis in place" and it's so good!

The chocolate Volcano cake can only be had in the Pinnacle Restaurant on HAL ships. I get it every time we eat there.

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will next weekend!

Yep!!! better get them clothes in the suitcases -- they've been hanging in my doorways for a week now!! SEe ya when I get back on the 9th --

-- and all these recipes are delicious!! thanx... Corkey Carol

Baked Chicken Curry

1/4 Cup Orange Juice

1/4 Cup Honey

1/4 Cup Butter

2-1/2 teas. Curry or more

1 Tbls. Yellow mustard – hot dog kind

French’s

Mix all of above…..

Pour over 4 or 5 chicken breast, thighs, or mixture of…….. Bake til cooked.

this smells so good while it is baking!! Carol

One of my favorites. It can easily be reduced

Margaret’s chicken

12 skinless boneless chicken breasts

2.5 cups buttermilk

3/4 cups melted butter

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 gloves garlic, finely chopped

1.5 cups fine bread crumbs

.5 cup sesame seeds

1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken. Pour buttermilk over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Pour buttermilk off and pat dry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In shallow dish mix butter, lemon juice, and garlic. In another dish mix the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in butter, than roll in bread crumbs. Arrange in single layer.

Drizzle butter over the chicken. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce to 325 degrees and continue baking basting with the melted butter for about 1 hour.

Baked Chicken Curry

1/4 Cup Orange Juice

1/4 Cup Honey

1/4 Cup Butter

2-1/2 teas. Curry or more

1 Tbls. Yellow mustard – hot dog kind

French’s

Mix all of above…..

Pour over 4 or 5 chicken breast, thighs, or mixture of…….. Bake til cooked.

this smells so good while it is baking!! Carol

Great recipe -- and so easy!!

One of my favorites. It can easily be reduced

Margaret’s chicken

12 skinless boneless chicken breasts

2.5 cups buttermilk

3/4 cups melted butter

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 gloves garlic, finely chopped

1.5 cups fine bread crumbs

.5 cup sesame seeds

1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken. Pour buttermilk over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Pour buttermilk off and pat dry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In shallow dish mix butter, lemon juice, and garlic. In another dish mix the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in butter, than roll in bread crumbs. Arrange in single layer.

Drizzle butter over the chicken. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce to 325 degrees and continue baking basting with the melted butter for about 1 hour.

Another great recipe!!!

• 3 years later...
I often say that I am not a booze person - I am good with one glass of wine per event - etc etc... one foo foo drink per day -- but I sure can make booze cakes and rum balls! jello shooters (margarita flavor) - Carol

Hi, Carol,

I just found this thread and am excited. I love reading recipes (I read cookbooks like novels).

I am very interested in "booze cakes, rum balls, Jello shooters, etc.). It's funny because I'm not a big drinker, but I love rum cakes and tropical recipes that transport me to the ialands :). If you have any great recipes like that, I would really appreciate them...and I'll start hunting yhrough mine so I can share.

Lynn

Since I keep thinking about the Caribbean and wanting to BE THERE, I'm also thinking about rum cake, rum balls, etc.

Here is a very simple but oh, so delicious and addictive rum ball recipe.

RUM BALLS

1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (50 cookies)

1/4 cup dark rum

1/4 cup honey

8 oz. ground walnuts (makes 2 cups)

Confectioner's sugar

Mix all ingredients well (I use my food processor for this) and form into 1" balls. Roll in confectioner's sugar, place in covered container, and try to not keep nibbling on them.

NOTE: If you want to make AMARETTO BALLS, substitute Amaretto for the rum and almonds for the walnuts.

Yummmmmmy :)

Lynn

Archived