crown princess aft cabin B756

winy

Balcony is slightly deeper and slightly wider than side facing balconies and is fully covered. Because of depth and full ceiling cover, it gets very little direct sun unless you are sitting at the balcony railing. It will overlook only the ocean wake and no other balconies. It is fully private from those above/below but next door balcony can peek around the wall partition.

I cannot speak directly to smells from the vent but others who have had these aft facing cabins beside the vent report cold breeze from the vent and audible noise that can impede normal volume conversation.

We were in B-756 this last week - 10-19 - 10-26 on the Crown.

The vent had an odor... nothing too bad but you did smell it when first entering the outdoor balcony though we did get used to it quickly. The vent also has a noise to it but you get used to that relatively quickly as well. It was nothing that you couldn't speak over.

Would I book that cabin again? Probably not. Not because of the vent but because we felt a bit more pitch and yaw than we wanted.

I hope that helps.

G-Mark

• 4 weeks later...

We just booked our first Princess Cruise on the Crown Princess. We went with the Guarantee route and were immediately confirmed in room B756...this sounded great until I did a little more searching on the net. There seems to be various levels of satisfaction with this cabin so hopefully all will work out. While it seems like the aft is good place to be (views, privacy, etc.), cabin B756 seems to have a few "extras" - that noisy and smelly vent.

You see this is my first balcony cabin...so I was really excited...oh well...I guess we will just make the best of it - noise, smells and all...I live in downtown Toronto so how bad could the noise and smell be! The sad thing is that we were hoping to have a romantic dinner on the balcony (maybe the Ultimate Balcony Dinner)...so the potential noise and the smells are not ideal. Oh well, we will hope for the best and well, I guess we will have to enjoy a nice dinner in one of the specialty restaurants instead.

Thanks to everyone for their posts...this site is just so helpful. Cheers!

Welcome and you will like the cabin.

Had it as I stated on the emerald B756 and balcony was great.

Vent a touch noisy but you will get used to it. View fantastic for your romantic dinner and sailawya are neat watching the lsland grow smaller in the distance. Only complaint from me is the pool was way forward and anytime late at night I was frward not aft. Was spoiled on the Sun class Riviera deck location. You will be fine and just firm it up as nice spot for a guarantee???

Archived