Questions about Stock

vbayly

So, I finally after many many cruises decided to buy the RCL Stock today. The price was so good I couldn't resist! So, here is my question....I see on their page that you have to send a brokerage statement to RCL for them to validate the shares and get the onboard credit. However, do you have to do this every time you sail? And how far in advance do you send it to them?

Thanks

Vicki

So, I finally after many many cruises decided to buy the RCL Stock today. The price was so good I couldn't resist! So, here is my question....I see on their page that you have to send a brokerage statement to RCL for them to validate the shares and get the onboard credit. However, do you have to do this every time you sail? And how far in advance do you send it to them?

Thanks

Vicki

You have to send in proof of ownership everytime you sail; if you book two cruises right around the same time, they may let that rule slip. You can send in confirmation as soon as you have a deposit down for a specific cruise.

If you have several cruises booked all you need to do is send in one confirmation of ownership and all booking numbers at one time and they will apply your OBC to each booking number.

You can attach the brokerage account statement as an attachment to an email.............all the info can be found here

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Thanks

Vicki

The folks that do the OBC for shareholders do an excellent job and take very little time to confirm your shareholders OBC.

If you just bought your stock and have several reservation numbers for specific cruises (not "future cruises") then you can list all of the information on one email or fax and they will post your OBC to each reservation number all at the same time. Now for the "other" information:

I used the same statement for almost three years and then one day I got a nice email that said I needed to send them an updated statement. So, I did and got the OBC confirmation back within the same business day. What ever statement you send them is destroyed as soon as the credit is posted. They protect your privacy that way. So, you must send a new copy with each transaction.

More important info: IMHO: Your OBC will not be posted to your ship's account the minute you board. If may take up to the third day before you see it on your account. It will be noted on your invoice before you sail so you can ask C&A if it is there. It takes sometime for the team on board to get and process the OBC list from shoreside after the ship sails.

RCCL Shareholder Benefit

Frequently Asked Questions

Enjoy your shareholder OBC :)

I have sent ours in as late as about 2 weeks before sailing, but it's always better to send earlier.

In the event that they don't have your OBC on your account, it's a good idea to bring a copy of your account statement (or trade confirmation if you have bought within the last month) and your request for credit. You can present these at Guest Relations if need be.

Congrats on buying on the (hopefully) low side!

If you have several cruises booked all you need to do is send in one confirmation of ownership and all booking numbers at one time and they will apply your OBC to each booking number.

You can attach the brokerage account statement as an attachment to an email.............all the info can be found here

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Brilliant minds......... Hi Patti :D

Hi Pete.......I was thinking the same thing as I read your post.

You have a very brilliant mind!:D

How do you like the way your last post quotes? :cool: :p :rolleyes:

I keep thinks I will cut and paste all of our "stock" answers into a file so it doesn't take so long to type them. :D

I've never received a confirmation, but have always gotten the credit!

I've always emailed the request and received an email confirmation. I guess if you fax it your fax log is your confirmation..... Oh well :)

Ah Patti, you are one of my all time favs! What a gal.

Ahhhh.......thanks!:)

How do you like the way your last post quotes? :cool: :p :rolleyes:

I keep thinks I will cut and paste all of our "stock" answers into a file so it doesn't take so long to type them. :D

I don't understand what you mean by your first sentence.........did I do something wrong?

But I agree with your second sentence.:p

Ahhhh.......thanks!:)

I don't understand what you mean by your first sentence.........did I do something wrong?

But I agree with your second sentence.:p

When I quoted what you said it came out like I had "a brilliant mind" :D

Like this:

There was another quote here from someone else in your post.....

Just trying to have a little fun misquoting you ;)

Hi everyone,

just a question from an Aussie who will be sailing on Rhapsody in December,

How many shares do you need to have to get OBC and does the OBC amount relate to how many shares you own?

Thanks in advance

The amount of the OBC depends utterly on the length of your cruise.

You must own a minimum of 100 shares to qualify for the stockholder's OBC benefit.

I try to make it as easy for myself as possible. Once you own the stock and it comes time for the annual meeting, you receive your proxy form. That form is as acceptable to RCI as the brokerage statement. I scan that to a JPG format, and keep it on my computer. Also, I keep a kind of a form letter in text file format with everything but the sail date, ship and reservation number filled out.

Then, when we make a reservation, I copy the text file into the email, add the sailing-specific information, attach the latest proxy JPG and email it. Very fast, very easy, no faxing.

Alan

When I quoted what you said it came out like I had "a brilliant mind" :D

Like this:

There was another quote here from someone else in your post.....

Just trying to have a little fun misquoting you ;)

Duh.............I'm blond!:o

What if you ending up selling your stock before you sail? Do you have to contact them? Do they find out?

According to the policy you only receive the OBC if you own the stock at time of sailing, but in practice it would be unlikely they would find out if you sold before your cruise. It certainly would be unethical to sell the stock and not notify them, but you likely would get away with it

Archived