Cancelled cruise for Carnival Liberty in June 2009

agogo

:confused: my husband and I were informed that our cruise to the Baltics on the Carnival Liberty in June 2009 has been cancelled. we are so disappointed. does anyone out there know why ? hope we get all our deposit back.

There was discussion about this in this forum last week. Carnival has cancelled their No. Europe cruises on the Liberty, apparently because of the economy and the high cost of getting to Europe to cruise.

You can get a refund of your deposit, though you'll likely need to follow up with Carnival or your TA to do this.

We were slated to go on the Liberty in July. We've just rebooked today on the Holland America Eurodam for a very similar 12-day itinerary; they also have 10- and 14-day No. Europe cruises. It's a new ship and the price is pretty good. We managed to get a deal that is costing us less than the Liberty.

So don't give up on your cruise yet! Good luck!

Our cruise was also cancelled on the Liberty for Dec. 4th 2009, we were doing an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We are also very disappointed, we are now going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Freedom...two ports are different on this itinerary as well as were we leave from. I'm still not sure how I feel, I'm happy that we are still going on a cruise but at the same time I'm upset because we were looking forward to the Liberty. We have been on the Freedom before, it was nice but I also wanted to leave from Miami...I love the sail away atmosphere leaving from Miami, have never left from Fort Lauderdale. We had a group of 12 rooms and we have a feeling that several are going to cancel. Carnival offered an OBC but it was nothing special...

Friends of our were booked on the Liberty T/A to Europe in April 2009!... CCl just cancelled the sailing, and the Liberty is staying in the Caribbean for 2009...:( Hopefully, the economy will pick up after the 'election' today, and things will return to 'normal'...;)

They were lucky, though, as they were able to book a cruise (T/A) on the same date on the Celebrity Century...:)

The only compensation they received was a $50. OBC for an upcoming sailing.. :cool: And they are from the UK!

Archived