Crown Princess 10/26 - 11/02 Review

lushou

You will have a great time. There were at least 2 weddings on board during our 7 day. Remember - when people complain about things, you don't have any idea what type of person it is. Also, you will see a lot of unreasonable expectations from a lot of people. :)

I called Princess the day before boarding. The representative explicitly told me that you are not allowed to bring on ANY POP or SODA of any kind. He said it would be confiscated at the security screening and discarded.

Think someone gave you wrong info. We always bring soda and water with no problems:)

Was on the same cruise with you. I have to totally agree.....the Crown is a beautiful ship...great service. The food in the main dining rooms was very good...the buffet was OK.

Enjoyed it totally!

i noticed on your roll call that you had heard the captain was fired at the end of the cruise? that sounds like a pretty big deal and would like to hear if anyone knows anything?

Thank you for posting your review. We will be on the Crown in Feb/09.

I was just wondering about the attire on Formal nights. Were all men in tuxes or suits...or did any men wear just dress shirt and tie with no jacket?

We are looking foreward to Grand Turk...the only port we haven't been to on this cruise.

Did you try the Crown Grill?

Thanks again....Anna

I was just wondering about the attire on Formal nights. Were all men in tuxes or suits...or did any men wear just dress shirt and tie with no jacket?

We are looking foreward to Grand Turk...the only port we haven't been to on this cruise.

Thanks again....Anna

I was on this cruise too.......did try Crown Grill and I was disappointed. There were 7 of us at the table and they brought very small portions of the side dishes. We kept having to wait for more. My steak was overcooked so I had to send it back. And the service was OK. I had eaten at the Crown Grill in 2006 and it was much better then. But maybe we just hit it on an off night.

And all the men I saw had on jackets or tuxedos.

we saw people bringing on 12 packs of soda in the open. No problem. In St. Maarten, my husband and I bought 3 bottles of alcohol. We poured a lite rum into an empty water bottle to enjoy the rest of the week. We got back on the ship around noon and my husband flat out said , " we have 2 bottles of alcohol to turn in." We were told, there isn't anyone here that is interested in it... enjoy. Also brought back on board, a 6 pack of sprite and a 6 pack of diet coke.... to mix with our "water" of course :cool:

later, we actually heard a couple worrying they might get "in trouble" for having their bought bottles in their room... " I can't believe no one was there to take them." :D

there was a drink of the day and a martini of the day... all regular prices :p

we enjoyed the coffee card as a couple.. did not buy the soda card. I enjoyed a mocha every morning, while my husband opted for the premium Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee... each were 1 punch. The card has 15 punches, so it was just perfect for us for the week. We ordered both drinks at the same time and used the 1 card. No problems

when i got back on the ship in st. thomas i got right on the elevator with the alcohol i bought in town. they had a table setup to turn everything over but there was no communication between the people doing the xray and the staff at the table.

I called Princess the day before boarding. The representative explicitly told me that you are not allowed to bring on ANY POP or SODA of any kind. He said it would be confiscated at the security screening and discarded.

they told you that so you would buy there's

Thanks for your great review. We were on the Crown the week of Oct 5th and had a fantastic cruise. Haven't wrote a review yet but do plan to. A question for your on the band "Of The Hook" that played in the Wheelhouse Bar, did you get to hear them and what did you think. We were very disappointed in them. Did any of you come in contact with Jimmy the waiter in the Cafe Caribe? Great guy, very attentive and always there to meet your needs.

Thanks again....Anna

My husband now wears just a tie on formal night. Most wear jackets. Few tuxes. (I'd say as many tuxes as those in just ties)

We had a BLAST at Margaritaville in Grand Turk...quite nearly missed the ship we were having such a good time! The snorkeling is quite good at the beach, as well. The locals are just anxious for us to spend some $--we tried to do our part!

Can anyone make a comment on any of the shows/entertainment? We will be on the Crown in a few days and I wanted to know which shows we should make sure and not miss and which ones we plan on skipping to maybe go dancing or do something else.

How was it getting a seat in the Princess theater? Was the 2nd show less or more crowded?

Thanks so much for any help.

Thanks again....Anna

My husband and I were also on this cruise and LOVED IT!! There were alot of people dressed up for formal night but I think a guy can get away with just a tie.

Grank Turks was okay I think it would have been nicer if it hadn't been raining.

We loved Crown Grill!!! The steaks were wonderful and you should try their Shrimp and Panchetta Bisque it was Yummy!! Hubby said we should have ate there more than once.

Thats what you get for calling the Princess CSR's.

They know not what they do. :rolleyes:

Pop is allowed and will not be confiscated.

My wife and I were on this cruise. We had a great time and absolutely loved the ship and service. Food in both the De Vinci and Michelangelo dining rooms was great. We ate in Sabatini’s which was great as well as Crown Grill. The food in the Crown Grill was not any better than the main dining room in my opinion. Overall we had a blast and miss all of our friends from the ship. Of all the stops, Grand Turk was my favorite despite the inclement weather. Snorkeling was awesome and not to be missed. Happy cruising.

i noticed on your roll call that you had heard the captain was fired at the end of the cruise? that sounds like a pretty big deal and would like to hear if anyone knows anything?

So far I don't know anything about it either except that a couple who were on the same cruise and same flight as I said he was fired. They had some speculations, but I really don't want to post them because I am not sure if they were correct. I started another thread on the main board asking if anyone knew what happened.

.Anna

We dined traditional late seating. All men had on suits (with coats) or tux during both formal nights in the dining room.

Back from the same cruise and I agree the dining was excellent.Anytime for us.We went to Sabatinis one night but could not possibly have dessert we were so full so the waiter brought us a perfect cup of fresh berries to top of a wonderful meal. Lunch in Anytime dining though was very slow at the beginning of the cruise but much better towards the end. Fabulous pizza on the deck. Coffee is bad though everywhere but the specialty coffee you pay for. Wait staff were all excellent.

Beautiful ship but not my favorite although my complaint is minor but enough to keep me from booking again. I am a runner and there is absolutely nothing to compare with a track designed for walking/running along the top with the Panoramic view and uninterrupted track. The Crown is not built to accommodate this and their walking deck 7 outdoor promenade was constantly roped off at interviews so we had to backtrack. Anyway as I said not a big deal but a run in the mornings in an open expansive area is my thing.

Back from the same cruise and I agree the dining was excellent.Anytime for us.We went to Sabatinis one night but could not possibly have dessert we were so full so the waiter brought us a perfect cup of fresh berries to top of a wonderful meal. Lunch in Anytime dining though was very slow at the beginning of the cruise but much better towards the end. Fabulous pizza on the deck. Coffee is bad though everywhere but the specialty coffee you pay for. Wait staff were all excellent.

Beautiful ship but not my favorite although my complaint is minor but enough to keep me from booking again. I am a runner and there is absolutely nothing to compare with a track designed for walking/running along the top with the Panoramic view and uninterrupted track. The Crown is not built to accommodate this and their walking deck 7 outdoor promenade was constantly roped off at interviews so we had to backtrack. Anyway as I said not a big deal but a run in the mornings in an open expansive area is my thing.

Hi, we are sailing for the first time on a Princess ship - usually sail QM2. We are also runners - not happy that we will not be able to get a good run in each morning. I thought there was a 1/3 mile track available. Do you know if it is possible to run early in the morning without a problem. They do not allow running before 8am on the QM2. Does the ship have a decent gym??

Hi, we are sailing for the first time on a Princess ship - usually sail QM2. We are also runners - not happy that we will not be able to get a good run in each morning. I thought there was a 1/3 mile track available. Do you know if it is possible to run early in the morning without a problem. They do not allow running before 8am on the QM2. Does the ship have a decent gym??

We were not impressed w/ the Star's gym...this one is nearly twice the size.

Our traveling companions ran several mornings...I'll have to ask where.

where did you snorkle in grand turk? we are going in march and looking for good snorkleing spots.

We just snorkled right off the beach to the right of the swimming area near Margaritaville. You can actually swim out to a cliff and see the drop off. It is very close to where the ship is docked. Very interesting, but quite scary too!! Couldn't tell how deep it got. Many beautiful fish to be seen. Even saw a barracuda! The surface below is quite rocky, so you might want to wear water shoes. Although, there are snorkeling excursions you can take, but when we were there, it had just rained and the waves were a bit too treacherous.

Archived