Crown Princess 10/26 - 11/02 Review

lushou

RRunner, the problem with the walking/running deck #7 is that it is gated closed at the aft where it takes a jog up and down stairs to the 8th floor. The stairs are great but not accessible if you are an early riser like myself so you have to turn around and jog back. Also it is closed at night. Its not nearly as nice as say the Navigator (RRCL) where the top deck is a designated running track and cleared of chairs for safety and ambience.

RRunner, the problem with the walking/running deck #7 is that it is gated closed at the aft where it takes a jog up and down stairs to the 8th floor. The stairs are great but not accessible if you are an early riser like myself so you have to turn around and jog back. Also it is closed at night. Its not nearly as nice as say the Navigator (RRCL) where the top deck is a designated running track and cleared of chairs for safety and ambience.

I assume that the jogging track on deck 19 is small?? Like yourself we are early risers. Thanks for your input anyway.

FYI, you are NOT permitted to bring on POP of any kind. You can bring on 1 bottle of regular size of wine per adult or 1 bottle of champagne per adult. No liquor. No beer. No Pop/Soda, etc.

K

You can bring pop/soda on board with you without any problems. We've done it on all of our cruises including out of Southampton, England. We've also brought a six pack of beer back on board from most ports throughout The Caribbean and have never had those taken either. Not a fan of the beer on Princess and we like to try the different brews from the islands and Princess has never taken it from us.

We just snorkled right off the beach to the right of the swimming area near Margaritaville. You can actually swim out to a cliff and see the drop off. It is very close to where the ship is docked. Very interesting, but quite scary too!! Couldn't tell how deep it got. Many beautiful fish to be seen. Even saw a barracuda! The surface below is quite rocky, so you might want to wear water shoes. Although, there are snorkeling excursions you can take, but when we were there, it had just rained and the waves were a bit too treacherous.

we had a cab driver give us a tour of the island. he told us it drops off to 7000 feet.

we had a cab driver give us a tour of the island. he told us it drops off to 7000 feet.

I don't believe where we snorkled at the beach at Margaritaville had this drop off. I know it exists, but I believe it is out further. This drop off was probably due to the dredging that took place to take in the ships to the port. But, it sure looked deep enough. Almost scary!

Archived