Crowne Plaza Resaurant-Ok or no

gargoyle999

Does anyone have any good or bad comments on the restaurant or room service for the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro?

We'll be there on Thanksgiving night and that would be easiest for dinner. Since it will take us at least 12 hours from arriving at the airport here to getting into Long Beach, we want to try and keep diner simple. But if it is just no good then we will look at one of the several restaurants now showing up on opentable.com as being open on Thanksgiving.

I ate quesadillas in their restaurant, and they were good. My friend had a salad, but wished she had ordered the dressing on the side. I would have no problem with eating there again. It isn't the Ritz, but it is perfectly fine, especially after a long day.

I ate quesadillas in their restaurant, and they were good. My friend had a salad, but wished she had ordered the dressing on the side. I would have no problem with eating there again. It isn't the Ritz, but it is perfectly fine, especially after a long day.

Thank you for the feed back. That sounds like it will be fine then. I think we will be very tired and just wanting to get something decent to eat then go crash in the room.

We have only eaten breakfast there and it was good. However, it is a very large room, not particularly intimate, in fact a bit sterile.

Thank you. I'll be so tired if it is too intimate I might fall asleep into my plate so your description might be a good thing! :)

I was just there 2 weeks ago, but I can't help you with the food, as the dining room was closed for remodeling while we were there!

OpenTable.com is a cool website I had never heard of before, so thanks for mentioning that!

In your case, however, there's no reason to limit yourself to just one website! Here's a site with just about EVERY dining location in San Pedro listed:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/restur.htm

The cool thing is the folks at the Crowne Plaza will drive you to just about any of them for free in the Hotel shuttle van! Just ask at the Bell Desk!

We liked GRINDER, NIKO'S, and ACAPULCO, and others really enjoyed the GREEN ONION, all of which are within a few blocks of the Hotel.

HAVE FUN!

:)

BESIDES....how can you NOT love a menu that includes this kind of stuff...AND a TURKEY DINNER for the Holiday!!! HAHA! :D

Here is apage from the GRINDER menu: Sounds PERFECT to me!!!

Americana

Served with a bowl of soup or tossed green salad and choice of natural-cut fries, rice, mashed potatoes and gravy or baked potato (4 to 9 p.m.), fresh vegetables and grilled dinner bread. Pasta entreé served with your choice of soup or salad and garlic cheese bread only.

mills2.gifOld-Fashioned Meatloaf

Our own special oven baked recipe! Seasoned ground beef, turkey, fresh vegetables and more.

Topped with a rich brown gravy. $7.79

Roast Turkey

Slices of turkey breast served over old-fashioned corn bread stuffing with turkey gravy and cranberry sauce. $8.89

Yankee Pot Roast

Choice beef roast cooked slowly till tender, served with

fresh sautéed mushrooms, onions and bordelaise sauce.

A traditional favorite. $8.89

Spaghetti

Pasta delicately blended with a hearty meat sauce and onions. Comes with

garlic cheese bread. $7.59

mills2.gifCountry Fried Steak

Tender beef dipped in a seasoned batter, fried to a golden brown and topped with a creamy country gravy. $8.89

Ground Turkey Steak

An array of finely chopped fresh vegetables mixed with seasoned ground turkey grilled to perfection and topped with fresh sautéed mushrooms, onions and bordelaise sauce. $7.69

Grilled Liver and Onions

A generous portion of tender liver topped with fresh sautéed mushrooms and onions. $7.99

dinnerpic.jpg

Thank you. I'll be so tired if it is too intimate I might fall asleep into my plate so your description might be a good thing! :)

Your are welcome, I sure wouldn't want you doing a nose plant in your mashed potatoes and gravy.:D In all seriousness I and sure you will do just fine there.

We have only eaten breakfast there and it was good. However, it is a very large room, not particularly intimate, in fact a bit sterile.

Yup sterile is a good way to describe it! I hope they do some decorating soon, but the food was good.

Dianne

BESIDES....how can you NOT love a menu that includes this kind of stuff...AND a TURKEY DINNER for the Holiday!!! HAHA! :D

Here is apage from the GRINDER menu: Sounds PERFECT to me!!!

We want to walk someplace for breakfast on Sat before we head over to the cruise ship. Probably it will be Grinder. Don't need anything fancy, just some eggs,bacon, toast will do so we are not hungry while standing in line to board. :)

Grinder, Nosh or the San Pedro Cafe are all within walking distance of the CP and serve very nice breakfast.

Welcome to San Peeeedro!!!

Of these three do you (or anyone) else know which has the "best" coffee? DW is kinda picky about her coffee in the morning and whichever one serves the best is probably where we should go! :)

We want to walk someplace for breakfast on Sat before we head over to the cruise ship. Probably it will be Grinder. Don't need anything fancy, just some eggs,bacon, toast will do so we are not hungry while standing in line to board. :)

GRINDER is the BEST for breakfast!

It's funny, but we really wish there was one here in NY. We miss it! HAHA! :D

Here's the website with the full menu. It's a nice short walk from the hotel, and you can see the ships! ENJOY!

P.S. THERE'S EVEN COUPONS YOU CAN PRINT OUT!!!

http://www.grinderrestaurants.com/index.html

Here's the website with the full menu. It's a nice short walk from the hotel, and you can see the ships! ENJOY!

Ha ha...I saw those coupons and printed them out just in case. The buy one get one bacon and eggs coupon might be getting used in a few weeks. :D

Ha ha...I saw those coupons and printed them out just in case. The buy one get one bacon and eggs coupon might be getting used in a few weeks. :D

Save some for us, we'll be there the following week. Just printed my coupons too. :D

Finally a place that is "singles friendly" with their coupons...in the Fine Print:

"When dining alone get 50% off with the purchase of a beverage"

Finally a place that is "singles friendly" with their coupons...in the Fine Print:

"When dining alone get 50% off with the purchase of a beverage"

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!

I think the only other place I've ever seen with "single-friendly" coupons that I would go to is OLIVE GARDEN!

KUDOS TO GRINDER!!!!!!!

P.S. The Ham and Cheese Omelette breakfast is delicious!

:D

Archived