Discount on Future Cruises

cruzcntrl

I'm taking my first NCL cruise at the end of November and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of discount (if any) I can expect if I book future NCL cruises after I've taken this one.

I know that other cruise lines offer past cruiser discounts, but how good is NCL's?

Also, I've heard about the program where you put $250 toward your next cruise when you are on board the ship and you get $100 in on board credit to use immediately. But do you also get any sort of discount to use with this?

I'm looking to take an Alaskan cruise in June, but they are pretty expensive at that time of year, so I'm looking for any tips that would enable me to get the best deal.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm taking my first NCL cruise at the end of November and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of discount (if any) I can expect if I book future NCL cruises after I've taken this one.

I know that other cruise lines offer past cruiser discounts, but how good is NCL's?

Also, I've heard about the program where you put $250 toward your next cruise when you are on board the ship and you get $100 in on board credit to use immediately. But do you also get any sort of discount to use with this?

I'm looking to take an Alaskan cruise in June, but they are pretty expensive at that time of year, so I'm looking for any tips that would enable me to get the best deal.

Thanks in advance for your help!

That $100 is pretty much the discount. They do offer lower rates from time to time for past cruisers, but usually it is an upgrade within the same category which really does not mean much.

But, with all the sales going on now, you may well do even better. If doing Alaska next year, try for May or early June before rates go higher. Also, make sure you read the Alaska Boards. They are full of information.

Here is more information about NCL

I've noticed that on some past Freestyle Dailies I've seen, they have offers on board where you get free artwork or other giveaways if you put the deposit down (in addition to the $100 OBC). Is this routinely offered on all ships? Also is there a better time to do this to get the most for your $$? Is it better towards the beginning or end of the cruise?

As you can see, I'm always looking to score a deal.

Also is the OBC $100 per person who makes a deposit on a future cruise?

Seemingly to boost income NCL offers a $250 deposit towards a future cruise. You have 1 year from the deposit date to book and the cruise must be taken within 30 months of the deposit date.

I recently did this on the 10/18 sailing on the Jewel..so I must book by 10/09 and take the cruise by 04/11. You do get a $100 room credit on your current cruise...so in theory you are giving NCL another $150 but do have a $250 deposit for a future cruise.

You can give up up to (4) $250 cruise rewards deposits and in return you would get a $400 room credit. You cannot however use more than 1 deposit per cruise so if you give the $1000 you must use it towards four future cruises.

You still make the best deal with any travel agent of your choice and when you do this $250 will be applied towards the first payment (deposit) with no additional monies down until the final payment is do.

NCL ?

Amsterdam 05/09

Jewel 10/08

Century 02/08

Miracle 06/07

Volendam 09/06

Victory 07/06

Noordam 04/06

Golden Princess 09/05

QM2 09/04

Dawn 09/03

Chandris 05/89

Seemingly to boost income NCL offers a $250 deposit towards a future cruise. You have 1 year from the deposit date to book and the cruise must be taken within 30 months of the deposit date.

I recently did this on the 10/18 sailing on the Jewel..so I must book by 10/09 and take the cruise by 04/11. You do get a $100 room credit on your current cruise...so in theory you are giving NCL another $150 but do have a $250 deposit for a future cruise.

You can give up up to (4) $250 cruise rewards deposits and in return you would get a $400 room credit. You cannot however use more than 1 deposit per cruise so if you give the $1000 you must use it towards four future cruises.

You still make the best deal with any travel agent of your choice and when you do this $250 will be applied towards the first payment (deposit) with no additional monies down until the final payment is do.

NCL ?

Amsterdam 05/09

Jewel 10/08

Century 02/08

Miracle 06/07

Volendam 09/06

Victory 07/06

Noordam 04/06

Golden Princess 09/05

QM2 09/04

Dawn 09/03

Chandris 05/89

You are saying you get a better deal through a travel agent? I have never gotten a different price through a travel agent, than whats on NCL website.

NCL ?

Amsterdam 05/09

Jewel 10/08

Century 02/08

Miracle 06/07

Volendam 09/06

Victory 07/06

Noordam 04/06

Golden Princess 09/05

QM2 09/04

Dawn 09/03

Chandris 05/89

what happens if you use the 100$ credit on your cruise and then have to cancel your future cruise you have the 250$ deposit on? im assuming you would be charged the 100$ cradit they initially gave you:confused:

You are saying you get a better deal through a travel agent? I have never gotten a different price through a travel agent, than whats on NCL website.

I have yet to find a TA that's price is as much as NCL's. Maybe the itinerary but typically, cruise line PVP prices are higher.

As to the OP's question, frequent cruiser discounts (regardless of line) aren't typically a big deal-it may get you on a notification list of discounted cruises before it hits the street. IMO, none of the lines really make it a big deal.

what happens if you use the 100$ credit on your cruise and then have to cancel your future cruise you have the 250$ deposit on? im assuming you would be charged the 100$ cradit they initially gave you:confused:

You have 30 days after giving the deposit to cancel however you will be charged the $100 credit given on board. You will be refunded $150.

Does anyone know if the $250.00 "deposit" on board covers the deposit for a cabin on a 14 day cruise since the deposit is almost double than a 7 day? What about holiday cruise time? So I guess my ? is are there exclusions.

Yes.. it will cover any cruise NCL offers as well as any level of cabin NCL offers. Even if you book the GV, it's covered by the $250.00 deposit certificate.

Yes.. it will cover any cruise NCL offers as well as any level of cabin NCL offers. Even if you book the GV, it's covered by the $250.00 deposit certificate.

Sorry, read the fine print. The top line suites do require more than the $250 deposit. :confused:

Archived