TS Paloma?

Golf n Cruise

Where is TS Paloma going? Getting ready to sail on Inspiration over the weekend with stops in GCI and Coz for Mon and Tues. Could be rough sea?:eek:

Not sure that I would count on GC on Monday. The National Hurricane center predicts that Hurricane Paloma crosses GC Sunday night.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.shtml?5day#contents

Current weather forecasts indicate 1st port of Key West should have a chance of isolated thunderstorms:o, but we will likely have scattered showers at Nassau on Thursday:(. The good news is that so far this storm is mostly a rain maker, it has a very small wind field around the core:)

Where is TS Paloma going? Getting ready to sail on Inspiration over the weekend with stops in GCI and Coz for Mon and Tues. Could be rough sea?:eek:

Going on that same cruise. This will be my second time on the Inspiration, and the second Hurricane on the Inspiration. We'll see what happens!

Indianamale,

We will be with you on Sunday and it doesn't look good. We spent allot of money to be at Atlantis on Tuesday (my 50th Birthday). I don't care even if its pouring down rain I will sit on the beach with a Bahama Mama and pray like crazy that my 50's are better than my 40's.

Sailing from Tampa you should be fine.Those sailing from Miami will have an issue.

As long as there is power and no damage you should get your stops.The winds and seas will determine GC in the end so I would not bet on GC. You might get extra in Coz as Miami ships won't sail into its path area.Where they will go is another question.

Steve

Paloma is supposed to be a cat 3 hurricane when it hits the caymens. A cat 3 is NOT just a rainmaker, as someone suggested. It is a dangerous storm. Hopefully no lives will be lost. We'll also be cruising at this time, and if we can't make a port due to the hurricane, I would be dissapointed, but I'll still be having fun on the ship, while the islanders, wherever Paloma strikes, will not be in such great shape............kinda puts it in perspecitve, doncha think?

Archived