Kmart around Long Beach

gargoyle999

We are flying into Long Beach on Thanksgiving. Since Kmart's are open we may need to stop in to get some soda or other misc items we don't want to pack. It looks like there is one in Long Beach on 2900 Bellflower Blvd and another at 902 W Sepulveda in Harbor City.

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza. The one in Long Beach is right next to the airport. But the one in Harbor City wouldn't be that much harder to get to it looks like.

Is either of these better or worse than the other?

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

but there will be other places closer to port that will be open thanksgiving day. Albertson's off of Long Beach Blvd at 5th street, CVS in the same parking lot. WalGreens across the street, and Rite-Aid over on Pine & 6th.

Also coming down from LGB, if you took 19, you'd go right by a Ralph's just before Traffic Circle.

I don't shop K-Marts much so I couldn't say if one is nicer or better than the other.

Staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro?

Yes staying at the CP in San Pedro! I don't shop at Kmart's either but since I know they will be open thought we could stop there after picking up the car at the airport. I've never been to Long Beach or San Pedro or California for that matter! :) Don't really know what else will be open "for sure" on Thanksgiving in that area.

Going to have a least a 12 hour day just hanging out at airports and flying so don't want to drive around trying to find someplace that is open. Guess I'm just wondering if one area is a better neighborhood vs the other or are they pretty much the same?

K-Mart doesn't have the presence in California they have in other areas of the country. If you ask a LA resident to name all the retailers they can think of, 4 of 5 probably won't even think of K-Mart. Even Walmart isn't quite as ubiquitous in LA as elsewhere.

Any grocery store (Vons, Ralph's, Albertsons) or chain drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid) will have sodas, toiletries, and miscellaneous items. There are plenty of them in the area, arguably too many. That's probably why K-Mart has never gained a toehold.

K-Mart doesn't have the presence in California they have in other areas of the country. If you ask a LA resident to name all the retailers they can think of, 4 of 5 probably won't even think of K-Mart. Even Walmart isn't quite as ubiquitous in LA as elsewhere.

Any grocery store (Vons, Ralph's, Albertsons) or chain drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid) will have sodas, toiletries, and miscellaneous items. There are plenty of them in the area, arguably too many. That's probably why K-Mart has never gained a toehold.

I know our grocery stores are closed on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure about the CVS that's just down the road from us as they just opened up this year. It looks like there is a CVS just west of the CP. Might give them a call and see if they'll be open on Thanksgiving.

Archived