Segway Tour of Antigua

MerryBee

We did the Conquerors of the Fort segway tour and I have to say that it was the best experience of our vacation. We didn't want to turn the segs over for the next group, it was that much fun.

We booked the lunch that is available afterward and had the best red snapper, freshly grilled just for us. Two complimentary beverages were included with lunch. There was plenty of time for swimming afterward. Juliette drove us back to the ship in her own car when we were done. She has a great team working with her. We recommend this tour to anyone stopping off in Antiqua.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure if I could join in as I have serious health problems but I think my husband and older teens would love this. Do you think that I would be able to ride along in a van or are the guides also on segways?

No, the guides are on Segways too. The only thing you could do is chill out at the beach until the tour returns 2 hrs later.

Simon

Hi. We just found "Segways of Antigua" online. Has anyone ever toured with them? Is their shop within walking distance of the pier?

This may come to late for you,but we took this tour last month.It was very fun,safe and the staff are wonderful.Its a must!! This is family owned.It included our lunch local beer,and transportation.

They have provided us with pictures of our tour sent to our email.

And yes,there is plenty of shopping outside the pier.

Get going!!

This may come to late for you,but we took this tour last month.It was very fun,safe and the staff are wonderful.Its a must!! This is family owned.It included our lunch local beer,and transportation.

Get going!!

Which actual tour did you take with them please?

Get going!!

Hi-- Can you tell us the name of the place (both the beach and the restaurant) where they provided lunch? We've booked a 9:00 Segway tour but didn't include the lunch. $20pp seems a little high even for a good burger, salad and beer, but if there's a great view or other pluses to recommend it, we might bite (pun intended) anyway.

And if other people have other lunch suggestions, I'm happy to hear them! Thanks! :)

I am not sure if I could join in as I have serious health problems but I think my husband and older teens would love this. Do you think that I would be able to ride along in a van or are the guides also on segways?

My cruising group (aunt, uncle, husband, and me) took the Conquerer's of the Fort excursion last February. To follow along in a van at any price would be a waste. It is not so much a tour as really great places to run around on the Segways. See my pic for the fort.

You would be far better off to stay at the place where you start and end the tour. Plenty of covered seating and a beautiful stretch of beach with food, drink, and bathrooms close at hand. (I really have no idea about the name of the place.) This is where they do the initial instruction on the Segways so you can have fun watching that part.

fort.jpg.e86eaca40619f1a7b31417137293b284.jpg

We did the Segway tour in San Juan last year and had a great time. It was a fun way to see a lot without a major effort.;) There were 6 of us in our group, ages 43 - 80 and is all levels of physical shape. Everyone had fun. I saw this tour and somehow just know this is what we will do in Antigua in 2012.

For those of you who have gone - what does the lunch include? Do you swim at the beach or just sit at the bar? We don't really drink, but we do snorkel and would love to do a bit of that while in Antigua. However, we would also like to see some of the sights. Last time we were there we did a wonderful eco-tour in a boat, but never stepped foot on the island itself!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Am also interested in knowing the name of the beach that you end up at? I would like to go to Jolly Beach after, how far by cab?

Thanks

newlu

This is where they start/finish and do the training (after a video presentation in St Johns town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Antigua,+Antigua+and+Barbuda&sll=17.074656,-61.817521&sspn=0.189038,0.290451&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Antigua+Island&ll=17.135618,-61.859398&spn=0.001476,0.002269&t=h&z=19

If you zoom out and go SW, you will find Fort James, which is the Conquerors Fort of the excursion title.

Simon

• 2 months later...

We're just back from the final sailing of Celebrity Mercury. While in Antigua we took the opportunity to do the Segway tour for the second time. We had a group of 9 others with us. Everyone had a wonderful time. We enjoyed all the little touches (fresh fruit drink, tamarind seeds, sugar cane, fresh fruit kabobs at the Fort). They do a great job and I highly recommend them.

We will be there on Saturday and they only do a longer tour on that day that does not fit into our schedule. I wrote to them to see if we can do this tour with the forts instead of the longer Saturday one. I am sorry we are in this port on this day! I can probably get 10 for the group if they would do the MON- FRI fort tour.... we shall see!

Segway Antigua was a heck of alot of fun! We did the 4 hour tour and were the only 2 customers along with the 2 guides. Very well worth the money. We ended at Valley Bay beach where we got off the segways and they let us stay at the beach for as long as we wanted, and the wonderful Mr. Edgar took us back to the pier when we were finished. At Valley Bay, we rented a jet ski for $45 from a "man on the beach" and it was a fabulous time! This tour was WAY more worth the price than cruise excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to add our thumbs up for the Segway tour. Safety was the constant theme for the morning, and even as we were touring, one of the guides would be reminding us to "make smart choices" when we were approaching potholes, sandy sections of the trail, etc. There were several stops along the way to look at the sights or sample local flavours--tamarinds from a tamrind tree, for instance. We went on the first tour of the morning, then stayed at Fort Beach--and pretty much had the beach to ourselves--for the rest of the morning and into the early part of the afternoon. We caught a ride back to the cruiseport with Edgar when the next tour ended, and still had lots of time to walk around town and do some sightseeing.

So much fun, we're now talking about buying a pair of Segways. Highly recommended tour.

P.S. One poster wanted to know what beach we ended up at: We took the "Conquerors of the Fort" tour, which started and ended on the beach beside Fort Bay. The name of the small restaurant there was Miller's by the Sea.

Edited by Pepperwood

• 2 weeks later...

The Antigua Segway tour was one of the best things we did on our cruise/10 days in the Caribbean. It was fun and informative, and gave us a unique perspective of the island-definitely going back to Antigua someday. The tour ends at the beach, and you literally can spend the rest of the day on a beautiful beach with all the 'necessary' amenities (food, drink, etc...).

Take the tour- it is soooooo worth it!

So glad you enjoyed it! We are doing this tour in June in the morning and want to spend some time on the beach in the afternoon. We know nothing about this beach that the tour ends on and were planning on going over to Valley Church Beach. Wondering now if we should just start put when the tour is done.....:confused:

So glad you enjoyed it! We are doing this tour in June in the morning and want to spend some time on the beach in the afternoon. We know nothing about this beach that the tour ends on and were planning on going over to Valley Church Beach. Wondering now if we should just start put when the tour is done.....:confused:

I'm not really a 'beach person' so you may want other opinions- but you're there and already paying transporation costs back to the ship. There is a restaurant and bar, chairs/umbrellas, beach volleyball, calm waters, beautiful view/water, and it is a very short distance to the ship - not sure why you would need to go a different beach but again I'm not a beach person.

• 4 weeks later...

If it would help for you to see photos of Fort Bay Beach, see my Flickr page at Fort Bay, Antigua

Some other shots of the Fort, the beach and around St. John's are "Previous" to and "Next" to that shot in my photostream.

• 3 months later...

We will be on the Emerald Princess and just got our confirmation for the segway in Antigua. We booked on line without any problem. This will be our first time, but it sounds like so much fun. I haven't read one bad review on this particular operation either here or on trip advisor.

We booked the Conquerors of the Fort and they have made arrangements for transportation. This should be a blast!! Thanks everyone for all your positive input.