zip line ???

mail2pizza

Depends on the course. Some will have a ladder that you can climb down, others will not. I tend to suffer from motion sickness and have had no problem with ziplines. The time it takes to "zip" from one tree to the next is very short. I really think you both will love it!!

Zip lining probably would not be a good choice if someone has motion problems. I have zipped three times, but am not sure if you can stop mid way or not. There definitely is a lot of motion involved though.

Take the time to go to You Tube, and look at all the people that posted their flights on the zip lines.

We did Labadee Haiti zip line and because of watching the videos on line I was psyched to do it. Yes a wave of fear came over me, but, like I said I was glad I could do it, and was thrilled when I did it.

I would do it again!!!!!!!

Later

When we did the Original Canopy Tour zipline in Ocho Rios I don't think there was any way you could back out from doing it once you got started. This tour is run by Chukka Cove Farm, they only take ship tours, you cannot book on your own. You could probably e-mail them, tell them of your concerns and ask if a person could back out of it once it's started and see what they say.

I suffer badly from motion sickness but had no problem ziplining. I did take my ginger capsules before I left the ship. But I don't think motion sickness should be a problem for anyone because it occurs in situations where you aren't controlling the motion. When ziplining, your brain is aware of what you're doing and will be anticipating the motion so she should be fine.

I also did the zipline in Ocho Rios and didn't see any way out once we started. I'm pretty sure my husband was looking for one but I thought it was incredible and can't wait to do it again.

em

I've done ziplines twice, once on St. Lucia (AOS), and once in Puerto Vallarta (non cruising vacation). Both times, there were ways to get out in the middle of the tour. In St. Lucia, I believe it was usually a ladder, and sometimes even stairs at certain points. These were meant for the guides, but if you needed to quit, that's how they took you. On the one I did in Mexico, it was different. They would connect your harnes up to another guide, and repel you down to the ground. We had one person do that about 3/4 the way through the tour. That tour ended with a repel back to ground on our own too. Definitely fun.

good luck

-Jeff

Archived