Help picking a room

Hello! I am new here, just joined the other day. My DH and I along with our 2 girls(12 & 6) are planning on taking the 7 night western on the Liberty this summer. Can someone please steer me in the right direction in picking a room/category/deck. DH and I have cruised twice on Carnival and 2.5 yrs ago we cruised with the girls on Disney. We have always had outside staterooms, but may be open this time to a balcony if we can afford it. Thanks so much!

Mary

Book the largest room you can afford on a deck closest to where you'll spend the majority of your time. Never book blind--always have the deck plans in front of you when booking!

A JS is a great room for a family, if you can't do 2 separate rooms. On some ships, there are balcony rooms that connect to an inside room (which is great for the kids). I believe they have that sort of set-up on Liberty as well.

Hello! I am new here, just joined the other day. My DH and I along with our 2 girls(12 & 6) are planning on taking the 7 night western on the Liberty this summer. Can someone please steer me in the right direction in picking a room/category/deck. DH and I have cruised twice on Carnival and 2.5 yrs ago we cruised with the girls on Disney. We have always had outside staterooms, but may be open this time to a balcony if we can afford it. Thanks so much!

Mary

Summer is traditionally a time for high cruise fares.

Decide on a budget, then find teh cabin(s) that you can afford.

Depending on how much togetherness you are accustomed to, and can tolerate, there are E1 cabins with two pullman beds, and D1 cabins with a sofabed for two. There are also oceanview cabins with two pullmans.

If you go up to a JS, there is usually a significant price increase. The accommodations for the 3rd & 4th passengers would be the same sofabed for two.

There are, indeed, two pairs of cabins on Freedom class ships that are a D2 balcony cabin and an interior cabin which connect. (have a connecting door between them)

Those cabin numbers are 9696 & 9701 and 9396 & 9401.

There are lots of pairs of connecting outsides and insides and balconies.

Archived