Group +Platinum =Upgrade? Yes? Maybe?

Luluwa

I'm booked with a group in March on the Conquest and have an 8A balcony guarantee.

Does the upgrade fairy only come to individual bookings are can it happen to groups too?

I'm Platinum too, would that help? :rolleyes:

I'm booked with a group in March on the Conquest and have an 8A balcony guarantee.

Does the upgrade fairy only come to individual bookings are can it happen to groups too?

Not likely... we have plenty in our groups that are platinum and never get upgrades... then again, we have plenty that are platinum and don't get upgrades outside of a group... with groups, you may get upgraded a few decks, but almost never to another category of cabin.

Just a guess on my part, but I would think that the upgrade fairy sprinkles her dust on individual bookings more often. I mean with some peoples attitudes, think of all the upset people within the group that didn't get an upgrade but felt that they were more deserving.

And usually since there are already special perks extended from the cruise line through your TA in terms of pricing and such, I wouldn't think that too many additional perks would be forthcoming. But whoo hoo if they do

So far, I'm not liking what I'm hearing! lol :(

Not likely... we have plenty in our groups that are platinum and never get upgrades... then again, we have plenty that are platinum and don't get upgrades outside of a group... with groups, you may get upgraded a few decks, but almost never to another category of cabin.

So far, I'm not liking what I'm hearing! lol :(

Sorry :( Even if you are the group leader, that isn't going to help... they usually put the group in the same general area for each category... on our last cruise, I was the GL of a back to back cruise, my roomie on those cruises is a host here at CC, between the two of us, we've booked probably over 1000 CC members on group cruises and we both asked for an upgrade... nothin! LOL Just don't want you to be disappointed... in all the groups we have done, I've never seen anyone get upgraded other than a few decks with the rest of the group (once we got upgraded like 7 decks though)

THANKS for caring, but NO WAY we'll be disappointed, we're on a cruise baby! :D

Sorry :( Even if you are the group leader, that isn't going to help... they usually put the group in the same general area for each category... on our last cruise, I was the GL of a back to back cruise, my roomie on those cruises is a host here at CC, between the two of us, we've booked probably over 1000 CC members on group cruises and we both asked for an upgrade... nothin! LOL Just don't want you to be disappointed... in all the groups we have done, I've never seen anyone get upgraded other than a few decks with the rest of the group (once we got upgraded like 7 decks though)

I have read of a whole group of people getting upgraded. Some dont seem to think going up to a higher deck is a real upgrade, but I do. If your group isnt that big, it still stands as good of a chance of being upgraded, depending on where they have unbooked cabins.

Thanks firefly333, I also like to be higher up on the ship. The group is about 15 cabins I think, but I only care about 2 of them - mine and my kids lol. :)

I have read of a whole group of people getting upgraded. Some dont seem to think going up to a higher deck is a real upgrade, but I do. If your group isnt that big, it still stands as good of a chance of being upgraded, depending on where they have unbooked cabins.

Hi...

If you consider moving up on the ship an upgrade then yes it does happen with a group. We booked a 4A Riveria guarantee & got moved up to a 4E Empress deck our upcoming b2b on the Valor. We got the same room for both cruises.

Good luck & Happy Cruising

Thanks firefly333, I also like to be higher up on the ship. The group is about 15 cabins I think, but I only care about 2 of them - mine and my kids lol. :)

Wait until they upgrade 1 cabin of your 2 to the top deck and the other stays on the bottom deck.LOL

I had it happen.:)

Steve

Archived