Monarch OV cabin

colkeena

category I on deck 8 are a great deal,though small sized,ask others about which ones are not obstructed,even though all cat I are called obstructed

if you need a little more space,go with deck 9

that is all i know:rolleyes:

dave

All OV cabins on Monarch are 122 sq feet (small but comfy for two) unless you have SO on deck nine. They are about 32 sq feet larger. All the deck 7 windows open up to the deck so you have to keep curtains closed when changing clothes, otherwise they are very convenient to everything. We did deck 8 on Sov. of Seas last year (same ship basically) and you got good light and could see out between the lifeboats. This is the best OV deal.

If you get a OV on deck 2 or 3 they only have a small porthole window and not as bright.

Just remember, a small cabin with or without a window on a cruiseship is better than a large room in any hotel.

We originally had a cabin booked on deck 8 but then changed it to SO on deck 9. It wasnt that much price difference, got a bit of a bigger cabin and from what I have head they have a mini fridge and room safes in them.

But I agree with kimbo ;) any cabin would be better than a hotel room :)

I haven't been on MOS yet but have been on sister ship SOS. Rooms are tiny on this ship...I have opted for a SO for my 2 cruises I did on SOS and my upcoming MOS cruise.....I wouldn't book anything smaller for myself. Deck 7 rooms are terrible as everybody can stare right in from the deck right outside....you might as well consider those rooms interior for the amount you are going to have the curtain open.

Avoid deck 7 if at all possible. Not only did we have people walking past our windows all the time so had to keep the curtains closed, we had people decide to throw a party right outside our window at 3am because "hey, it's a public deck area.":rolleyes:

Deck 8 is great. We always book Cabin 8540 on Sovereign and have the same cabin booked on all our Monarch trips next year. Great location in the middle of the ship right by the elevators. obstruction is very minimal. Deck 8 is the best pricing and the best place to be for a low price. Cat I.

I also prefer Deck 8 (I category) cabins on this class. (now just Majesty and Monarch).

Here is the infamous deck plan with the unobstructed obstructed cabins marked with a dot:

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

... and when I was making that chart I never thought it would be referred to as infamous! ;) I'm just glad it has helped out numerous people in their cabin selections. :D

We spent a week in an outside room on 2 [the "Aquarium"] -- a decision that was solely price driven. It was small, and it was pretty far forward, but it was adequate. A little noisy for a few seconds the day they dropped the anchor off Catalina, and some asorted other noises from time to time, but I would do it again. Once we turned out the lights, I couldn't tell the difference between it and the JS we stayed in last June.

Thanks so much for the chart. We are currently booked in one of the unmarked cabins on our 12/26 3 night cruise. All cabins on Deck 8 are currently taken but I will continue to watch for one of the marked ones to make an appearance.

If not - still hoping the price will drop a few dollars on deck 9.

Thank you for posting the link. We were in cabin 8054 and when I saw the diagram I realized that it might have pretty significant blockage. Unfortunately the entire level 8 was booked. But - lucky me - I kept checking and 8536 opened up. I called tonight and spoke to an RCCL rep and she confirmed - 8054 is 65% blocked and 8536 is about 20%.

Plus, we only have neighbors on 1 side.

So thanks!

If not - still hoping the price will drop a few dollars on deck 9.

Don't count on that. I have only seen that happen once, when they ran a 'residents fire sale', and then it dropped only by $40 per person. Even then I was satisfied to take a deck 7 cabin at $75 off per person.

Dave

I would suggest avoiding deck 7 as you will need to keep the curtains closed all the time.

We like deck 8 and deck 4. Deck 8 cabins are obstructed but generally a good buy and very convenient. Deck 4 is so convenient to the Centrum area. Be warned – all the OV cabins are small – but doable.

M

due to her age all cabins on Monarch are caparitivly small when you look at the new larger ships....really the only differences would be any view thats available...we have done inside cabins on both Monarch cruises...just not worth the window for us on the shorter trips

Archived