Monarch OV cabin

colkeena

anyone have a review of deck 6 cabins??

Deck 6 is lovely. :D

Confusing to newbies, but nice. It's the "Tween Deck" - it doesn't run the length of the ship; it's only in the front. (so you can't get there directly from the dining room or clubs or anything on the aft - you have to go forward on Deck 5 and go up or forward on Deck 7 and go down)

It's no big deal - it just surprises and confuses some people when there's no "6" button in the aft elevators and the stairs on the aft go from Deck 5 to Deck 7.

:)

I also prefer Deck 8 (I category) cabins on this class. (now just Majesty and Monarch).

Here is the infamous deck plan with the unobstructed obstructed cabins marked with a dot:

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

Can I assume that since 8048 is relatively unobstructed that 9048 would also be...or is that a bad assumption?

Don't count on that. I have only seen that happen once, when they ran a 'residents fire sale', and then it dropped only by $40 per person. Even then I was satisfied to take a deck 7 cabin at $75 off per person.

Dave

That is all I want. We are paying for this cruise with RCL CC points. If it drops $40 per person we can get it and not have to pay any extra:D.

Can I assume that since 8048 is relatively unobstructed that 9048 would also be...or is that a bad assumption?

My understanding is that none of the SOV cabins are extremely obstructed, you just can't see all the way down due to the lifeboats below. Looking out, you will see the devices used to hold/lift the boats. I can send you pictures from Majesty's 9048 next month. :)

What is the view from this cabin?

Do you see the chart which appears three times in this thread? 8534 is one of the "unobstructed" cabins. The view is relatively unobstructed. Instead of looking at a lifeboat or piece of a lifeboat, you are looking out between lifeboats.

Archived