----->>> Our next cruise, where, what ship?!? H E L P !!!!

hamlettm

Hello fellow cruisers! My family and I have been on Liberty of the Seas twice. We LOVED the large ship, the first class treatment, the suites, the kids programs, etc! The ship was really amazing and so were the staff. My 14 and 12 year old loved the cruise and now it's time for another one.

March 20 - March 29, 2009 my kids are our of school for spring break. Does anyone have ANY suggestions on where to go and what ship/cruise line to take?

We love going to islands with all exclusive resorts that have water slides, food, snorkeling by the beach, etc. We just want some places to go where the kids will have a blast. We have done both Eastern and Western Caribbean with Labadee Haiti (didn't like really boring for the kids). We did Cancun Mexico (was ok because of the dolphin adventure but nothing more). We did Jamaica which was our favorite because we did an all exclusive resort with water slides, food, etc it was a blast!. Puerto Rico was ok but not amazing.... so I wonder if any of you have any ideas?

I'm all ears, thanks!

Have you considered Celebrity Solstice out of Ft. Lauderdale? Brand new ship with tons of new amenities. If you look on the front page of Cruise Critic they've got a lot of information about it since it literally was just christened.

The week of your spring break the itinerary is San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts - which would be a new port for you.

Have you considered Celebrity Solstice out of Ft. Lauderdale? Brand new ship with tons of new amenities. If you look on the front page of Cruise Critic they've got a lot of information about it since it literally was just christened.

The week of your spring break the itinerary is San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts - which would be a new port for you.

We have done San Juan and St Maarten...... anything fun to do in Kitts? How does the Solstice compare to Liberty?

YMMV, but I always believe in getting to the port the day before to make sure air delays/cancellations/bad weather/bad karma :rolleyes: don't mean missing the cruise.

So, from my point of view, you need to fly March 20, and sail March 21 or 22.

Your CC identity doesn't mention where you're from, so this idea may be out of the question because of airfare issues: Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas sails March 22 out of Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Acapulco. All of these ports appear to be new to you. While Sapphire Princess and Norwegian Star also sail the same day to the same ports, Royal Caribbean would offer a more familiar experience for your kids.

If trying a new cruise line isn't too far outside your comfort zone, you might want to consider Norwegian Pearl sailing out of Miami to Roatan Honduras, Belize City Belize, Cozumel and NCL's private island.

If you'd like to find out more about these ports, you can browse here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/

Archived