Dolphins-which one should we do?

daysichase

My boyfriend and I really, really want to do the Dolphin Swim & Ride in Cozumel. However, we noticed that they take pictures/video of you and then want you to pay, which we could have expected. I also could have guessed that they don't want you taking cameras into the water for the dolphin's safety. Can you bring your own camera and take pictures as long as you're out of the water or do they not allow personal cameras in at all? We have digitals, but I also purchased a plastic underwater disposable.

We sail in six days and would really like to know this before we spend that amount of $$. We can't really afford to pay for professional pictures after spending a good bit on excursions, and to go and do something amazing like swimming with dolphins and walking away without any pictures, well, that's a waste of $$$.

I also noticed that some people are choosing to book their excursions through another party rather then Carnival. Which is the best one? This is our first cruise and we don't want to get lost or ripped off.

We loved the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab. You can book it directly through www.dolphindiscovery.com and save some money compared to the excursions through the cruises. Just make sure you look into the difference between your ship time and Cozumel time, so you know what time to book it for.

They did take beautiful pictures, and they were not cheap of course. They took 4 of each person, and they charged $14-16 per picture. Friends/family can take pictures of you, but they will be pretty far away and won't be able to get quality pictures from where they can watch from. I do believe you can take disposable underwater cameras. We did not, but I have heard others say you can. Again...probably not great quality.

Hope this helps...Have fun!!!

1114741046_DLPHN61.jpg.23d846cedc357f93f74d676512ac603d.jpg

We loved the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab. You can book it directly through www.dolphindiscovery.com and save some money compared to the excursions through the cruises. Just make sure you look into the difference between your ship time and Cozumel time, so you know what time to book it for.

Do you think my 12 yr old would be bored with this? It looks like this will be our only option with our 6 yr old.

Mary

I went to Paradise Island in 2001 and had an opportunity to swim with the dolphins there. I as you really could not afford the extra money for pictures or the video tape they made but at the time I thought that would be my only opportunity to do that so I just made the decision to spend the extra and got one picture and the VHS tape. I never regretted doing that. I can watch the video and still have the same feelings I did while in the water. They are amazing creatures! I say try to budget for it and go have fun!!

Karen, FL :cool:

We did this swim and everyone LOVED it. They did allow us to take our own pictures. They even let those in our party that weren't participating come out on the dock and take pictures. They were just as close as their photographers and our own pictures turned out so much better then theirs. Enjoy. This is one you'll never forget!

Archived