Codes? PNS, PSE, OMG! What are they, how to use them?!?

Luluwa

PSE is the senior's discount rate

DP3 is ofetn the past guest discount

None of these is always available- depends on each sailing and can change at any time. Just keep checking.

There are many more , like resident's rates, too.

Hope that helps a bit.

DP3 = Past Guest

PSE = Senior 55+

PM2 = Military

PGO = Interline/Airline employee

P44 = 3/4/(5) passenger rate

P45 = 3/4/(5) special passenger rate, usually attached to the above

P1S + One Day Sales

MMM = also Military (can't use these on carnival.com - Carnival doesn't display Military)

At times there'll be other special codes, like Military Friends & Family or Interline Friends & Family (PM3 and PG3, respectively).

When you do a Cruise search and get to a specific cruise there will be a display for THAT cruise that also asks if you have a Rate Code to enter; you can enter the above to determine if they're being offered on that specific Cruise; The regular Carnival Supersaver and Guarantee rates will be displayed as well as a line for the rate code you selected (if offered).

OR - on the Cruise SEARCH page youcan select the "Check for Specials" box and enter your state of residency, select 55+ and select Past Guest. When you view the specific cruises resulting from your search, the Residency, 55+ and Past Guest rates will also be displayed (it's not clear that this function ALWAYS works).

If you're eligible for Military Rates you have to use one of the on-line sites that displays Military Rates - these will be same as Carnival's.

Ken

DP3 = Past Guest

PSE = Senior 55+

PM2 = Military

PGO = Interline/Airline employee

P44 = 3/4/(5) passenger rate

P45 = 3/4/(5) special passenger rate, usually attached to the above

P1S + One Day Sales

MMM = also Military (can't use these on carnival.com - Carnival doesn't display Military)

At times there'll be other special codes, like Military Friends & Family or Interline Friends & Family (PM3 and PG3, respectively).

When you do a Cruise search and get to a specific cruise there will be a display for THAT cruise that also asks if you have a Rate Code to enter; you can enter the above to determine if they're being offered on that specific Cruise; The regular Carnival Supersaver and Guarantee rates will be displayed as well as a line for the rate code you selected (if offered).

OR - on the Cruise SEARCH page youcan select the "Check for Specials" box and enter your state of residency, select 55+ and select Past Guest. When you view the specific cruises resulting from your search, the Residency, 55+ and Past Guest rates will also be displayed (it's not clear that this function ALWAYS works).

If you're eligible for Military Rates you have to use one of the on-line sites that displays Military Rates - these will be same as Carnival's.

Ken

Wish this was pinned on the top of the page.

Every time I click to add the code it always has a B in the code box. Whats the B mean? Also ive entered the different codes a million times and it has never given me anything except The promo code you entered is invalid. Please enter a correct promo code. :cool: We get an interline rate and are past passengers and ive never gotten any code to work. Am I doing something wrong?

It depends on the cruise and the current "deals" which seem to change at any moment.

Remember that knowing the "Code" itself doesn't give your the rate....

In other words, you won't be able to book the past guest rate unless you are verified as a past guest.

Every time I click to add the code it always has a B in the code box. Whats the B mean? Also ive entered the different codes a million times and it has never given me anything except The promo code you entered is invalid. Please enter a correct promo code. :cool: We get an interline rate and are past passengers and ive never gotten any code to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Its all about timing...if you are getting interline rates, doubtful any of the other rates would get you a better fare.

Its all about timing...if you are getting interline rates, doubtful any of the other rates would get you a better fare.

The interline rates are very hard to find now and they keep taking away cabin categories to be discounted. I guess I will have to look for the past passenger rate and the residency discounts from now on.

• 1 month later...

Code PR1 seems to be giving me the best rates right now. If I book using that code online are they going to ask for some documentation to prove that I am eligible for that code? The list above just says it is a Resident Rate, but resident of what?

...ron

Code PR1 seems to be giving me the best rates right now. If I book using that code online are they going to ask for some documentation to prove that I am eligible for that code? The list above just says it is a Resident Rate, but resident of what?

...ron

Resident of what ever state you used when checking rates.

Apparently there is some automatic checking in the online booking system. I went through the booking process with the PR1 code and after I entered the guest information I received the following...

5308 : Requested rate code requires that at least one guest travel from a qualifying resident promotion city. Please select a qualifying city or select new rate code.

There wasn't any place to enter a city, just a state. That's too bad since that rate was about $200 less than the B code.

• 5 months later...
Do you know if I could get a resident rate cruising out of NY. I live in NJ. Thanks.

when you do advanced search, check the box for NJ and if one comes up then yes. Only some cruises, usually ones close in offer last minute discounts like resident and senior. I see a resident rate for TX folks on RCL right now on a cruise Im watching, so you sometimes luck out, but yes, you might have one, but its something that will vary by date and cruise.

Iv never gotten one from Carnival for living in TX, so I dont know that resident rates are that common?? but they do exist.

Surely some knowledgeable :rolleyes: person can help me with these codes!

I know how and when to use them but which ones mean what? PNS, PSE, etc. H E L P !;)

Thanks in advance!:D

In general you can forget these. Use the Quick Search on the Home Page and select the Past Guest, 55+ and your state Resident boxes that apply to you, then continue the search for your cruise; if these rates (that correspond to the 3 lertter codes) are currently offered (they aren't always offered, all the time, on all cruises) they will display below the Fun Select, Fun Saver and Early Saver (if offered) rates. ken

Archived