Locked out of Personalizer 5 days before cruise

gargoyle999

Didn't know about this until I went to do my daily check on my Personalizer page today. 5 days prior to your cruise you no longer have access to your page in order to make changes to anything like immigration, shore excursions, spa reservations, etc.

I'm sure all you Princess experts know that already. So just putting this out there for any Princess newbies like myself. Make sure you are all set at least 5 days prior to your sailing! :)

Thanks for the heads-up. I knew that, but I always forget, and I really appreciate this timely (for me, at least!) reminder. It's probably a good thing, anyway -- this way we're all be forced to take a break from obsessively checking for cabin upgrades!!

Thanks for the heads-up. I knew that, but I always forget, and I really appreciate this timely (for me, at least!) reminder. It's probably a good thing, anyway -- this way we're all be forced to take a break from obsessively checking for cabin upgrades!!

:) I'm not even sure why I was checking so often since I requested no upgrade from my aft BB cabin. But it's just fun to just log in and look it over!

I'm just glad I wasn't procrastinating with entering the immigration or whatever. Booked a shore excursion with Princess for one port, but for awhile had several reserved while I made up my mind. Would have gotten stuck having to cancel on board if I still had the multiple reservations.

Guess finding this out is just makes me one step closer to being a Princess expert instead of a newbie. Ha ha... :D

My TA impressed upon me last week to print out boarding passes for the Nov 30 Caribbean Princess on the basis that Princess closes off the cruise about a week early. With the posting by the OP, it was the Cruise Personalizer she was referring to.

Still able to print boarding pass/travel summary though up until sailing.

Good point. Yes, you can still print out the boarding pass and the travel summary that is available to me now is either something that is new once you reach 5 days or I just didn't notice before. There is also an immigration form that could be printed and filled out if you did not enter the information online.

You just can't make any changes to anything online.

You must enter your information and print your boarding pass before 5 days prior to sailing. At that time the Personalizer is locked down and your information is sent to the ship. It’s STRONGLY recommended that you complete it as soon as possible after making your booking rather than waiting until the last minute.

For those of you that may not have had time to print the broading pass -

All that matters is that your name is on the passenger manifest (passenger list in the computer) for the cruise, the hotel, the flight or the transfer. If you’re on the manifest and you show up with your proper photo ID \ passport - you’re fine. It’s as simple as that. Printing the boarding pass just makes it easier at check-in.

Still able to print boarding pass/travel summary though up until sailing.

I have read several references to a boarding pass. I don't remember printing one out on my recent Princess cruise and I can't find a reference to a boarding pass in my Cruise Personalizer. Am I looking in the wrong place, or do we not get this in the UK or is it because my booking is currently for a guaranteed stateroom, or am I just being stupid? Help, please.

Katie ....ours was exactly the same! nowhere to print anything out other than the information pages and carriage rules.....:eek:

Why they take it off with 5 days to go i have no idea, they didnt even post our places to visit until under the 90 day mark...:confused:

It used to be seven days prior. Princess really should post this info on the cruise personalizer page as well as the travel docs' date=' so that those new to Princess don't freak out.[/quote']They sort of do this at the top of the Passenger Information Page:

United States and foreign governments require the advance reporting of passenger immigration information. To comply, passengers are required to provide complete and accurate information no later than six (6) days prior to sailing. Passengers who have purchased Princess FlightChoice or FlightChoice Plus are required to provide this information at forty-five (45) days prior to sailing. Failure to provide this information will result in delayed check-in and, possibly, denied boarding

They don't say you will be locked out at 5 days, but they do say you have to complete it at least 6 days before sailing.

They sort of do this at the top of the Passenger Information Page:

United States and foreign governments require the advance reporting of passenger immigration information. To comply, passengers are required to provide complete and accurate information no later than six (6) days prior to sailing. Passengers who have purchased Princess FlightChoice or FlightChoice Plus are required to provide this information at forty-five (45) days prior to sailing. Failure to provide this information will result in delayed check-in and, possibly, denied boarding

They don't say you will be locked out at 5 days, but they do say you have to complete it at least 6 days before sailing.

Good point........On my recently completed cruise on the Emerald, I was addicted to checking the personalizer every day. I almost had a stroke.....:D when I found I was locked out.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnuival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I have read several references to a boarding pass. I don't remember printing one out on my recent Princess cruise and I can't find a reference to a boarding pass in my Cruise Personalizer. Am I looking in the wrong place, or do we not get this in the UK or is it because my booking is currently for a guaranteed stateroom, or am I just being stupid? Help, please.

We British don`t get the opportunity to print our own boarding passes. Maybe they think we are not able or something. :rolleyes: Ours come with the flight tickets (if any) etc. I go in January and all I have had so far is the information booklet.

Archived