s&s card while in pool/hot tubs?

drnojd

We leave our towels, books, sunglasses unattended. But never NEVER leave your valuables. Your sign and sail card is just like your American Express card - valuable! DH has a bathing suit with waterproof pockets. We put the card and cash in that pocket, not only on the ship, but when we are at the beach too.

I have a waterproof case which hangs around my next like a lanyard. It's lightweight, flat and holds cards/cash easily.

I wear it around the ship and in port. Keeps your hands free for DODs and shopping :D

If you were snorkeling....would you keep that case (filled with passport/SS card and cash) on you while snorkeling?

My sign and sail card goes into a pocket of my bathing suit. Gets wet and than dries and never had a problem so far.

If a problem develops with it just go to pursers desk and get a new one

We snorkled in the ocean, swam in the pools and sat in hot tubs with ours on our Princess cruise and it still worked fine for us.

Most beaches where you will snorkel have lockers. If you go on a snorkeling excursion on a catamaran/boat, they will watch your valuables. They won't stay in business long if things go missing and I've read many posts from people who have left their things onboard their boat/catamaran while snorkeling. We wear ours around our necks in holders-doesn't matter if they're waterproof or not for plastic or cash.

I would NEVER leave my S&S card, anywhere!! A girl that was in our group a few years back lost hers, but before she could make it to the Pursars Desk, she already had drinks charged to it :(

Mine would join me in the hottub:)

Leaving next week for my first cruise. Was wondering what people do with their s&s card and other small valuables when they go into pools & hot tubs. Is it usually safe to leave your stuff on your chair?

you might find something like a splash caddy at Magellans.com- I have seen the same item at Walmart for much cheaper....

I had a hole punched in my s & s card (and in the card used for the safe) at the purser's desk, as one does for a lanyard, but when I went into the pool or on the waterslide I slipped the card onto a diaper pin, slipped the pin around a strap on my swimsuit, and closed the safety clasp. :D

You could also use one of those curly plastic wrist straps with a clip (kinda like a curly lanyard but it goes around your wrist instead of your neck). I saw a few people with those on deck.

Leave "other valuables" in your safe.

The water will not hurt your S&S card. I do not recommend leaving anything of value unattended, and when you are out and about on the ship there is really no need to have anything of value with you except a watch (get one that is water proof).

When in the water off the ship I keep ID, CC, S&S and some cash in a small case that I tie to bathing suit strings, that way I don't accidently drop it.

My sign and sail card goes into a pocket of my bathing suit. Gets wet and than dries and never had a problem so far.

If a problem develops with it just go to pursers desk and get a new one

Same here, never had a problem with just keeping it in my pocket...:D

I guess I'm in the minority:eek: I've always left my S&S card in my beach bag when I'm at the pool. I can't imagine someone stoping at your chair to rumage through your bag. If I'm on an excursion, I do the same thing, especially if I'm snorkeling or in the water.

I guess I'm in the minority:eek: I've always left my S&S card in my beach bag when I'm at the pool. I can't imagine someone stoping at your chair to rumage through your bag. If I'm on an excursion, I do the same thing, especially if I'm snorkeling or in the water.

Scares me just thinking about it!!

I always leave stuff on my chair - maybe I'll wrap up my card in my shirt or something more because I don't want it to blow away. Maybe in a shoe too..??

ditto. I always leave the card, which is usually on a lanyard tucked in a skirt pocket or my DH's shoes and leave all our stuff on my lounge chair while I'm in the pool, including my camera.

:eek: I've always left my S&S card in my beach bag when I'm at the pool. I can't imagine someone stoping at your chair to rumage through your bag. .

me either.

ditto. I always leave the card, which is usually on a lanyard tucked in a skirt pocket or my DH's shoes and leave all our stuff on my lounge chair while I'm in the pool, including my camera.

me either.

double ditto for me

If I took a bag with me to the pool or beach I would do the same, but men tend not to carry beach bags so that doesn't work for us.

I have a waterproof case which hangs around my next like a lanyard. It's lightweight, flat and holds cards/cash easily.

I wear it around the ship and in port. Keeps your hands free for DODs and shopping :D

Where can you purchase such things? I saw someone suggested googling Pak Pak. That looks good, but I'd rather not spend $30 if I can find something cheaper.

Archived