Suggested Boarding Time Star

GeniRich

We will be boarding the Star this Saturday for our first NCL cruise. We will be cruising with my wifes parents who are up in years and to be honest have slowed down a bit. We are trying to determine what would be a good time to board thus making it as easy as possible for them. We will be driving (30-40mins) so we can pretty much go when its best. Thanks.

Which port is she sailing out of?

Seems like the big rush and crowds are on the front end, and it thins down later. Though you do to not want to cut it too tight, I would say later to avoid the rush. And, it would also mean you can go straight to the room and dump off your carry on stuff.

2 O'clock shoul dbe a good tim eot board.

The main crowds and lines are only BEFORE they start boarding, as some folks insist on getting to the port before the last guests have left the ship!

Boarding ususally begins by noon, so the line is gone by 2.

HAVE FUN!

:)

Genirich, Not to hijack your thread, but we're getting on the Star as you are getting off on the 6th, but coming down from Carmel. Can you tell me how far it is from the Grapevine to the Cruise terminal???? THANKS!

I honestly do not know. We live in Phoenix and my wifes parents are in LA thats why we will have the short drive. Sorry.

Thanks to all who have answered.

Genirich, Not to hijack your thread, but we're getting on the Star as you are getting off on the 6th, but coming down from Carmel. Can you tell me how far it is from the Grapevine to the Cruise terminal???? THANKS!

Assuming you are talking about the bottom of the Grapevine (Magic Mtn. area) ... you will have another 1 hour drive to San Pedro. Also assuming there are no accidents on the 405 ... LAX traffic will be the worst.

Have a great cruise! We love the Star!

~dianne

I would say about an hour, with no traffic. Take the 5 south then 710 will get you to San Pedro.

Actually, the 710 is the Long Beach Freeway and will get you to Long Beach. Suggest taking the 405 to the 110 ... which dumps you off right by the World Cruise Center in San Pedro. PLUS, the 405 has the Carpool Lane nearly the whole way to the 110, which will glide you thru most problem traffic ... here's the MapQuest link .. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Los+Angeles&state=CA

GeniRich: Hey! We'll be coming from AZ (there are 32 of us all coming in diff cars/days). Don't recall seeing you on the Roll Call for this cruise this Sat. Meet & Greet 11/30 @ 11:30a, Deck 12, New York & London Rooms. We have some elderly folks as well so parents will be in good company. There's even a minister (Rev Dennis) who is offering to do vow renewals for anyone interested. (see Roll Call posts) We will probably get there about 1ish or so dependent upon traffic and don't expect long lines. Of course, documents say MUST be onboard NLT 2 hrs prior to sailing. See you onboard and Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived