weather in western caribbean

cweed

We are leaving Sunday the 30th on the Mariner for the Western Caribbean. Someone told me today that the seas were very rough last week off of Cozumel. So much so that the ship could not dock there. Does anyone have an update on the weather/seas in that area? Thank you.

We are leaving Sunday the 30th on the Mariner for the Western Caribbean. Someone told me today that the seas were very rough last week off of Cozumel. So much so that the ship could not dock there. Does anyone have an update on the weather/seas in that area? Thank you.

Here's a site that might help you... http://www.weather.org/caribbean.htm

The weather in the Caribbean is like the weather in every other spot on the globe:

It changes every day. EVERY day.

You are absolutely correct! We live on the water and the weather from day to day is VERY different! Rough seas one day do not mean rough seas the next....

There are more rough seas in the winter months than in the summer (hurricanes, notwithstanding.....), but weather at sea is quite variable.

My grandfather ascribed to the old mariner's saying....."Red sky at night is a sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning...sailor take warning!" As boaters, that is a common and pretty accurate "weather prediction".....of course, you don't have access to that info until you are at sea! ;)

I was on the Mariner western last week and the seas were rough! The Capt told us at one point that the waves were 9-11 feet and the winds were 60mph! :eek: The ship was rocking and rolling!

The Mariner docks in Cozumel (no tenders) so getting there shouldn't be a problem. We did miss Grand Cayman though.....the waves were higher than the tender dock!!!!

Archived