Back from the Jewel with 2 kids. Ask away. Will write a review soon

apax

Just got back from south caribbean on the 9 day jewel. Ask any question you would like. this forum was amazingly helpful and so i would like to return the favor if I can..

I have pictures as well

Apax

Sorry about to go to bed, but felt bad. so will write a bit

Cruise was awesome. Loved my AF minisuite. Room 11086 was directly below the garden Cafe and not really that much noise.

Kids club was really organized and nice, but our daughter only went twice. She felt scared to go and would cry by the third time. The real issue was that you have to walk down a hallway to get to the entrance to the kids club drop off and as soon as we would get to the hallway she would get worried. But the staff and crew were great.

QUICK CONS:

1) no juice for adults during lunch and dinner. They do have ICED tea which is unsweetened. So totally sucks. Lucky we had kids so could order for them, but we brought 2 x 12 packs of coke/sprite which worked out well for our dinner, but would have loved juice. So i would definitely recommend crystal light packets.

Honestly that is it. The cruise is actually quite good.

Other points

1) specialty restaurants are totally worth it. we loved Le Bistro, thought mama's and tangoes were OK and mongolian hot pot was nice. Otherwise would eat at tsar's dinning room or the buffet

2) Kids pool was great and no worries about the swim diapers. No one checked and parents sort of policed it, so if a kid came in and had no diapers we would make a fuss. But otherwise had no problems playing on the slides. just put on a diaper and swim pad and was off

3) Kids buffet area was great. the only problem was that seniors would often sit there and thus no seats for kids. I would simply sit down right next to them and they would quickly realize that eating next to a screaming kid was not fun...hehe. LOTS of high chairs on the boat, never had a problem getting one

4) did not actually like Cirque Bijou. kind of boring and not very well done.

Food was great and balcony was really nice when we used it.

Will write a bigger review later

i am pretty sure I snagged one. let me see where my wife put it, then I can scan it for you....

Great outdoors was awesome. I loved sitting there for lunch. Same as buffet food but great atmosphere.

Found it here: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#pool

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

I am very disappointed to hear that isn't enforced :(

Archived