JEWEL LENGTHY REVIEW WITH KIDS Nov 14-23 Southern Caribbean

apax

I'm still baffled why some parents ignore the rules about diapers not being allowed in pools - kiddos or not. Don't they realize those so-called swim diapers aren't exactly waterproof (unless they use DUCT tapes on the waist and thighs (yeah, another use for duct tape!)) and the pee-pee and poo-poo will still meet the water!

If you bring this to the staff's attention then they will address the situation.

This is probably true, it just bugs me that it has to be brought to their attention when people don't follow basic hygiene rules.

we used our car seats in st.lucia when we did a 3 hour drive, but in tortola and antigua we held our kids. I was really scared about carrying them, but all 3 islands (antigua, tortola and st. lucia) there were no problems with putting the car seats in the vans if you wanted them in. So don't worry about those islands. I am not sure about barbados and dominican.

Apax

Apex-

My husband and i will be taking our 7 month old on a cruise this March. Did you take just a travel stroller or did you take your entire travel system? What about cabs.....do you need to bring the infant seat and then the base or will they take you with out all of the gear? Also, how close was the walmart or wherever you purchased baby food etc to the port and hotel?

Thank you for your help!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Great review and thanks for detail.

We're thinking of the Jewel or the Pearl for the fall. Our daughter will be 2.5 at the time and hopefully potty trained. If she's not can she go into the little kids splash pool in swimmers or do they follow the same rules as most other cruise lines which is no water unless fully trained?

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers,

Brian

Archived