Where to stay night before my cruise in Miami

jaw62901

Hi Jason- Using http://www.biddingfortravel.com you can learn the ins and outs of priceline.

Going to priceline bid on a three star hotel in Downtown Miami. We have gotten the Hyatt for 38 bucks. I have used Priceline for every cruise I have taken plus the side trips.

It takes patience. Do not bid over 45 bucks. If its rejected--try again in 72 hours. It took me 6 weeks of getting my bid accepted for 38 bucks. Good luck.

If you are looking for a hotel for your cruise next year-- wait til about 6 months before to start bidding.

PS- when looking for your flights- look for flights into and out of Fort Lauderdale (FLL) Flights become available 333 days out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason, whenever our cruise leaves from Miami, we usually arrive a day ahead of time. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. The room rate, this past Sept was around $100. a night. Some may say that is high, but we've stayed with them in the past and really like the hotel, rooms, location etc. The hotel is also directly across the street from "Bayside" - which has alot of shops, restaurants, bars and outside singers and dancer. Me being from Chicago, it's something like Navy Pier, if you know what that's like. By arriving a day earlier, it also gives you a chance to unwind and "try" to relax before the cruise the next day. And if you get a room overlooking the ocean, you can actually see the ship pulling into port the next morning around 5AM. There are also plenty of cabs outside the hotel to take you to the dock the next morning for around $5.00. The Hotel also has a restaurant if you choose to eat there instead of at Bayside and a small pool.

Enjoy your cruise,

Happy cruising to all,

Can anyone recommend a place to stay the night before my cruise. I will just be using it to clean up and sleep so the a 5 star hotel really isn't necessary, but any feedback on where you typically stay would be great.

Go to Bayside - it is fun. You can even take a bay cruise that's very inexpensive. Go to their webside - you can get a printout for a coupon book at Bayside. Can't remember, but guess http://www.bayside.com ??

Have Fun!

Jason

Stayed at the Marriot, Biscayne Bay, the night before we cruised. They do a pre-cruise special - Deluxe bay view room, welcome drink, buffet breakfast and transfer to the port.

We paid $200 for the both of us which is probably expensive but we cant use Priceline in England.

I didn't mind the price as we were on the 30th floor and the view was simply incredible, worth it to me, and, we watched the ship arrive at 5:00am.

Totally fantastic start to our holiday.

We also went to Bayside,(I treated my wife to the cruise, so she treated me to `Hooters`) the correct website is www.baysidemarketplace.com, hope this helps.

We don't arrive in Miami until 10:00 in the evening and I'm wondering if this is too late to take the short cab ride to Bayside Market Place. Will stores, restaurants and entertainment still be open? Also, is it safe for myself, husband and two teenagers to be walking around? :confused:

Hello xpreciousp - small world hu? You'll love the Explorer of the Seas. Have you ever been on her before? She is so huge, yet small enough to get to know quite a few very nice folks.

Dear Over the Edge, I'm not really sure how late Bayside stays open. I'm sure on the weekends they tend to stay open alittle longer, but how late I really don't know. We didn't have any problem walking around the Bayside shops etc, but didn't really stay later than say 8:00- 9:00pm. I'm sure if you call information, they shuould be able to give you some information at far as the times the stores close etc. Or maybe you can even ask your hotels front desk.

Happy cruising to all,

We don't arrive in Miami until 10:00 in the evening and I'm wondering if this is too late to take the short cab ride to Bayside Market Place. Will stores, restaurants and entertainment still be open? Also, is it safe for myself, husband and two teenagers to be walking around?

The Bayside Market is open until 11pm on the weekend. Most of the bars and restaurants stay open later, call ahead.

As to being safe, the Bayside Market is a busy, vibrant attraction. A lot of tourists frequent it. We depend on tourism. It is safe to walk around. As in anywhere you travel, be aware of your surroundings. Have fun.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Penguin69,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been really busy with a new work promotion and the holidays.

Anyways, while I did take a family cruise about 17 years ago, I would call this my first real cruise. Real meaning making all the plans myself. Obviously before my parents took care of everything and I was only 14 or 15 at the time.

I still haven't decided where I am going to sail to. I am really thinking about either doing a 14 day Caribbean cruise in leaving December 3, 2005 or a 14 day Hawaii cruise RT from LA leaving April 9, 2006. but since I have so much time before I would go in December, I am looking at all of my options. I want to make a decision and put a deposit down on something, by January or Febuary at the latest. That would still give me 10 months before sailing in December or 14 months if I decide on the April 2006 cruise.

Hi Cindy,

Nope, we've never been on the EOS before, but we were on the AOS two years ago and other than some out of the ordinary problems we encountered...........we ABSOLUTELY loved it! It was our first cruise. We had a Grand Suite.......friends said "Oh sure start at the top, you'll never settle for anything less" and they were so right. I can't imagine booking on either a smaller ship now or in a smaller room.

I can't wait to go! We're in the midst of booking our excursions right now.....still torn between operators for the cave tubing in Belize.

What ship are you on and when are you sailing?

Patti

Hi Patti, since we just came back from our most recent cruise (Sept 2004), we'll probably not be cruising again until August 2007. We'll be going for our 10 Anniv. :) We plan on taking the 11 day Cruisetour package to Alaska (also on RCCL). It'll be 7 days on board VOS and 4 days on land after the cruise portion. They'll take us via deluxe motorcoach to some locations and then we'll board their train "Wilderness Express" and go through other parts of Alaska. Husband and I have never been to Alaska before, and wanted to do something special, can't wait. Have you even been to Alaska before?

Jaw62901, To help you decide, why not think about what ports you would like to visit, then what excursion are offered at those ports. Also, you may want to check out the times that the ship is in port. I know our first cruise, we choose the ship we did, because of the time the ship was in port - wanted alot of time to see the various Islands etc. And also because it was not a "party" ship. Wanted to enjoy ourselves and not be bothered by numerous kids running all around. Granted we love kids, but wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves. I don't know if I would go on a 14 day cruise, right off the bat, so to speak. You may want to do a 7 day first. But that would also depend on where you decide to go.

I've been to Hawaii (flew there not on a cruise) and really enjoyed it. We went to Maui, Oahu and Kauai. I really enjoyed Oahu and Kauai the best. Whatever you decide, I'm sure your have a blast. Good luck in making your "BIG" decision.

Happy Cruising to all,

Archived