If there were a Fast Food restaurant.....

Bran8778

NO WAY!! One of the big reasons I love to cruise is for the food. Why would anyone in their right mind not take advantage of an opportunity to discover new and exciting cuisine. I think it is totally assinine to eat at "chain" resturants when you can experience new and unfamiliar food. Where else can you have eggs benedict with caviar and not drop $50 ? And if you don't like it grab a bagel.

So, in a few words, KEEP the fast food chains on the dock. (Even Johnny Rockets)

Yes -- on a long cruise (over 10 days) would definitely eat there. Burgers -- Inn&Out (instead of the grill). Any authentic Mexican Chain. Sometimes we get tired of the European type food. I am that one who likes authentic street food at a port than a fancy restaurant but still like the fixed menu at Cyrus in Healdsberg (Sonoma, CA) once a year if we can get reservations.

Good God NO!! PLEASE Keep these awful excuses for restaurants off of the ships! If you think people complain about the food now.... Just wait until the Wopper is the best thing on the ship! UGH!!!!

LOL! We just returned from our cruise yesterday. We truly loved the food and enjoyed trying different things everyday, but the last couple of days, my husband had a bad craving for a Whopper. I didn't have any such cravings, but I wouldn't have turned my nose up at some good TexMex. Our ship did have the 'Taste of the Nations' Mexico day, but it just wasn't the same...:)

I think that a bag of White Castles delivered by room service would be just as decadent as one could get... buy 'em by the sack... Gotta be better than that phony lobster (read not Maine Lobster) they serve on these Florida based cruises. Then again, I used to be able to eat a bag of White Castles without regard to my stomach... Now Tums are a necessary staple served along with them.

Dave

Well, frankly, after seeing some of the burgers that are served poolside/buffets maybe having a real burger franchise on board might not be such a bad idea on the large ships... We scoff at them but they sure know how to serve massive amounts of them in a short period of time which the burger stands on board seem to have a bit more trouble with.

I think that a bag of White Castles delivered by room service would be just as decadent as one could get... buy 'em by the sack... Gotta be better than that phony lobster (read not Maine Lobster) they serve on these Florida based cruises. Then again, I used to be able to eat a bag of White Castles without regard to my stomach... Now Tums are a necessary staple served along with them.

Dave

Too Funny, The exact same for me but I am a Krystals guy instead of White Castle

(Krystals is the Southern version of White Castle)

I consider Johny Rockets fast food and it is on some of the RCI ships... So I guess my answer would be yes I would eat fastfood.

I enjoy going to JR's on the ship. I guess it could be considered fast food....but I think of it more as diner food than fast food.

To answer the question...yes, I would probably do fast food on occasion if it was available. Something about the familiarity would comfort me from time to time. :o

We got back from an eagle rafting trip in Haines(in the cold, wind, and rain) to our boat in Skagwag past our dinner time and I would have killed for a foot-long classic Italian Subway sandwich. Add some chips and a drink and I could have gone to bed a very happy camper.

Archived